Is saying this to a coworker inappropriate?

I was in a fog this morning at work and completely forgot my filter. I told a girl who was wearing a zebra pattern who was walking in front of me that I felt like a lion and wanted to bite her face. She turned red, smiled only a slight nervous smile, and basically scurried off. I was smiling so I hope she knew I was kidding. Do I expect a call from Human Resources tomorrow? Would you freak out if someone told you that? It was funny for me but I hope I didn't scare her too much. I'm too old for this sh*t, I need to watch my mouth.

Thanks everyone. I stopped by her desk this AM and said I was sorry and felt bad that I forgot my filter and she laughed and said it was okay and it was funny. I ran into her later getting coffee and said I was sorry one more time and she laughed with like "stop, it's okay". She was wearing a red blouse today so I replied with "good, I like twizzlers, I still want to bite your face". She laughed and said "what the hell!". I know I pushed my luck but she definitely was amused. I'm done though!
PS. She seems about my age and is my level-I'm more cautious with younger people and lower levels as I wouldn't want them to feel intimidated or like there is some quid pro quo implication but that isn't the case here. I think that's definitely relevant. And no I don't actually want to bite anyone's face, ha!

64

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say that depends on the woman and her body language from that response. ( she had a slight smile)

I would think you would be OK, but yes could be offensive, not enough for HR unless you do this again? And yes we have to tame our mouths at times.

• Thanks, I wouldn't say it was a smile of joy, more like a smile of "wtf, did you really just say you wanted to bite my face". I'm happy I didn't blurt out about biting a different body part though. I'm hardly the lecherous guy at work so I'm hoping she thinks it was a joke. Maybe I'll go clarify that tomorrow.

• Yes, approach her and say , I hope that I did not offend you in any way and that would be great!

• Ha, okay, thank you. Will do!

What Girls Said 5

• ROFL. Her face? Awkward. I don't think she'll call HR for you threatening to bite her face, if you said hiney or something else, then be worried.

• I'm in HR and yes, it is a possibility. People often forget that thing may come across and inappropriate inter workplace. What you told her has hostile connotations and isn't taken lightly, especially if there is witnesses. If anything , you will be spoken with. I highly recommend that you refrain from further contact with the girl to be on the safe side.

• clearly it made her uncomfortable and therefore was not appropriate for the workplace. next time you see her just sat that you are sorry if you made her feel uncomfortable with your comment and that you only meant is at a joke. I doubt she'll tell hr or anything though, cause you didn't say anything super bad or sexual

• Lmao if I knew you at work, or even if I didn't actually, I wouldn't report you. I'd just laugh and forget about it. It's funny though xD

• Her face?

What Guys Said 4

• haha cool. Keep pushing your luck with women, that's how you'll get somewhere and learn the boundaries!

• Thanks man, I actually do quasi-okay with women, I just don't find ones I like. I'm not even really attracted to this girl, oh well.

• Lol a bit awkward, but no really inappropriate so long as you said it in a playfull non creepy way. Don't over think things.

• Creepy psycho killer music starts playing. "Reeeee reeeeee reeeeee reeeeeee..."

• Having made a similar mistake before, the girl whom I told it too was perfectly fine with the comment, however, what you have to worry about is fellow coworkers, a coworker reported me. Long story short 9 times out f 10, it is a witness and not the direct individual.