Girl says no, but suggests for another weekend

I asked a girl if she wanted to do some activity with me. She said she was busy that weekend, but said that she was in for another weekend, maybe the next weekend. This was on text. Should I just wait for her to bring it up again when I see her during the week?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• No. She's told you when she is free, now it is up to you to ask her out for that alternate day/time.

• well, should I just wait a while though? I feel like responding right away would be too eager.

• Two days after is fine. I wouldn't have waited, but that's just me.

What Girls Said 2

• Well, in my experience. I only tell a guy "I'm Busy this weekend, Maybe another weekend" if I'm not interested in him. I tell him that 2-3 times and he gets the point. But we still talk and hang out. I just don't want to be alone with him, cause he might try a few moves.

• here's what she said: that she was visiting friends that weekend, but that she'd be "in" for it "some other time" and "maybe next weekend?" What do you think she means by this?

• Yeah, I think she is open to it. I don't think she was just blowing you off. I think she meant it. :)

• wait until she bringsup hanging out again

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like you have a date to me. If not, she wouldn't be worth the effort anyway. Next time you see her just say "Well, are we on for next weekend or were you just letting me down easy". It will not only ellicit the answer you seek, but it will also demonstrate confidence in yourself.

• Wouldn't asking her if she was letting me down NOT demonstrate confidence in myself? It almost sounds like I would be expecting her to.

• It's all in how you say it. If you say it with a confidenct smirk on your face in a very calm manner it has the opposite effect.