Do afgans and pakistanis have similar culture?

Do afgans and pakistanis have similar culture?Are they same or do they have similar traditions just curious?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• I think of Pakistan as being more modern and less isolationist than Afghanistan. By modern I mean technologically, education and socially. There seems to be a faction that wants to modernize and become part of the larger world, but another faction that is far more traditional and fundamentalist. There seems to be a struggle between the two.

An example is when Bhutto was elected prime minister (in the late 80s-early 90s?). Electing a woman seemed really progressive in their society. Of course she was kicked out and eventually killed, but she had support during all that time which says something.

I've never really gotten any kind of feeling that Afghanistan has any significant factions pushing for real progress. They seem to be more stuck in time with no escape in sight. I could see Pakistan becoming more of a player in the world, but not Afghanistan any time in the foreseeable future.

What Guys Said 5

• I believe Pakistan is a lot more diverse. I think some people are modern, some are pretty much the same as Afghans. I have a Pakistani friend who looks a lot like Indians. Afghanistan has been struggling with civil war for many years, so they haven't had much time to develop or show their culture.

• Afghanis Pashtuns do have many things in common with Pakistanis but more so with Iranians. Afghanis Hazaras have more things in common with Tadjiks and Uzbeks to the north (former Soviet republics)

• yes, I believe they do. isn't one a majority of Suny Muslims, and the other a Shi'te Muslim?

• Osama Bin Laden had a few vacation caves in both.

• I think there are some crossovers yes

What Girls Said 3

• Their religion is the same but some of their culture is different like foods,traditional outfits,musics.Pakistanis have few similarities with Indian but their religion is different.Its like that but one similarity they have is arrange marriage thing.

• India and Pakistan used to be one country. Most of the culture and traditions is quite similar. Religion wise, Pakistan is an Islamic state where as India is quite diverse. The majority are Hindus but there is a substantial Muslim, Christian and Sikh population. There are also Jew, Buddhists, Jains, etc

• Yes that's right.

• same religion every thing else is different .

• Same religion but they are not of the same ethnic group.