If Gods exist, would the God of the bible be the good one?

I think not. Here are a couple of genocidal, sexist passages copied from telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/6120373/Top-10-worst-Bible-passages.html --Visit this page for the 10 worst passages

Topping it was St Paul's advice in one Timothy 2:12, in which the saint says: "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent."

The extract is often used to justify opposition to women priests.

Next was this worrying verse endorsing genocide, from one Samuel 15:3: "This is what the Lord Almighty says ... 'Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.' "

Third was Moses's call to kill witches, in Exodus 22:18: "Do not allow a sorceress to live."

Another gruesome verse to make the list was Psalm 137, which celebrates this terrible revenge: "Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us / He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks."

27

Most Helpful Guy

• I've heard Christians say he has the right to kill anybody he wants because he created them

and that morality comes from God so whatever he does must be good

Though they take those statements on faith, don't know how you could justify genocide on a poorly made faith-based reason

What Girls Said 2

• What are you trying to do? Start a troll war? Convince Chrstians out of our faith?

I'm not here to fight; I'm here to educate. Those were different times back then. God no longer requires women to marry their rapists or parents to circumcise their sons. Our God is a loving Father and I'm relieved to have Him in my life.

If you enjoy stirring up anger in your free time, then I feel deeply sorry for you. Try living peacefully for a change; you'll be happier.

• I am peaceful, can't say the same about "god"

• There were also priestesses in the bible. God is not write the bible, people did. And over thousands of years books have been lost or it out and passages rewritten. We don't have the fullness of the bible so you can't really answer a question like that. I am Mormon and in the Book of Mormon it has a great scripture which answers why God would ask such a thing as killing those people.(I believe it is one Nephi) "It is better that one man should perish than an entire nation be led to destruction" God has His reasons. He takes life very seriously and would not ask this unless it was very important. Also we as imperfect beings can not understand life and death in fullness.

• Why don't we have the fullness of the bible. An all knowing creature would be more precise and less full of doubt, wouldn't he?

• why didn't he make it his words then, why all the imperfections? He sure did succeed in making people doubt him, most people don't believe in him

• Um actually only 13%of the world is atheist. And because He gave us free agency and will not revoke that. The bible is still pure enough to live by. And if you pray He will direct you to the right path. That's my belief anyway. But factually the bible was written by prophets and priests and has been altered over time. That is something you can't argue

What Guys Said 6

• once mother theresa said

"I"

"Hate"

"Children

okay not all at the same time. And it was in a different context then it appears. But clearly this proves that Mother theresea was a d*** head

• xD

um bible is written by men who claim to have spoken to god, not written by the actual god himself.

• Jesus is the real gangster here, YHWH is just some wannabe poser.

• The Jets slaughtered the Patriots the other night and showed no mercy.

The Oilers pummeled the opposition and never gave them a chance to breathe.

*Clearly* these people are bad.

• It's more important to ask: What is good, and what makes something good?

The page also fails to demonstrate the meaning of those passages in context - it's simply cherry-picking.

• Wow dude. Had to copy and paste the article?

couldn't actually come up with your own comments.

Seriously. I agree with you but. Try doing some thinking sometime

• uhh, Actually I did come up with my own questions but I can't come up with verses on my own see, it has to be from the bible. You must be special

• you copy and pasted your entire second paragraph. I actually went to the website you linked. and it is identical to your second paragraph.

• So, what? I'm quoting an article to back up my point.