Is it a bad idea to call my ex just to say happy birthday?

we broke up may 2012. since then I had my birthday and she even sent a card to my house. it was nice and I was surprised Because we decided to cut off all the contact. but her birthday is coming up should I call her? just need some advice. thank you

so I said f*** it! and I went to see her. that was the best two hours of my life. we talked the whole time, laughed and were very close emotionally.

138

Most Helpful Girl

• If she had the decency and the nerve to send a birthday card, I'd do the same! as far as calling...idk. if I knew things wouldn't be awkward then sure. I mean I feel as if after almost a year things would be OK enough to go ahead and call! it means that you have enough respect to put the past behind!

What Girls Said 12

• A phone call seems a bit too "personal" and direct. I'd do it over a text/chat message, or even send her a card back. No direct interaction, see?

• mmmm I don't know phone call may be a bit much, perhaps a text, email, or Facebook post saying happy birthday might fit the situation better, I mean yea she sent to a card to your house but she didn't personally call and talk to you...see what I mean?

• Well it is been a while and both of you probably got ovr it- so I think it is a nice gesture. In my opinion would a card even be more personal than a phone call...

• Yeah, why not? She recognized your birthday, so it's totally okay. And I think it would be very sweet and thoughtful!

• send her a card or even text her that's better!

• I would only send a card...no phn call

• I would just text her. Not as personal but still an attempt to communicate :)

• YES!

• I definitely would since it would show that you still care. I still have some contact with an ex boyfriend and while there is no chance of us ever being together again (we are adults in our mid 30s with separate lives.) I still get very happy when he gives me a thoughtful message or greeting.

• I would definitely wish her a happy birthday! After all, you care/d about her and she cares about you. I think its the nice, mature thing to do. It's also unexpected so it might be kind of nice for her

• if you feel like bringing back that connection, go ahead..

• Just do it but don't keep your hopes up though. All the best!

What Guys Said 8

• I broke up with my ex over a year ago and I still called her on her birthday. Granted she was bitter about me calling her but she did also come and see me for my birthday.

I don't know I'd call her and wish her a happy birthday and ask how she was doing.

• I say do it no matter what happens at least at the end of the day you know you did it and don't have to look back with regret.

I regret sometimes not giving my ex a Christmas gift or contacting her during the holidays but it was just too much emotions going on at that time so I let logic take over instead.

You should follow your feelings, if it feels right do it.

• Thats what I’ve learned from this experience, feelings are so much more than just logical thoughts and conclusions, they are kinda like unprocessed thoughts and ideas, they direct you.

• Just send her a card, don't escalate the contact just meet it

• Go ahead I am assuming you are 20 or around there so go ahead and do it there is more fishes in the seee if you don't like your result.

• Couldn't you email or text her or sommat?

• I'd go with no.

Sentimentality is for the birds.

• I wouldn't just because I have a no contact policy with exes.

• Ya I sent my ex a text and it was ignored. I hope she has a rash.

• lol damn man. don't do that again.

• Maybe she's scratching right now. That would be great.