Why do guys say "message me"?

I've been dating a guy for a month or so. Last time we were together we made out, but mostly kissing, nothing too advanced...

When saying goodbye, he said "message me" and it was kinda too fast to reply anything.

I always thought the man should be the one calling after, but am I wrong? And what bothers me is that I actually messaged him because thought it was rude not to. He replied as usual and all, but still don't know what to make of it? Am I over-thinking this?

11

What Guys Said 1

• difinitly seems like you are over thinking it maby he wasn't sure if you wanted to hear from him again so he let it be your choice or maby he just doesn't realize this is an issue for you.

• Yeah, I thought that, maybe he isn't sure I'm still interested, that's why I texted him.

Now I'm the one not knowing if HE is still interested...

What Girls Said 1

• the guy should be contacting you. if you are the only one contacting him that's bad. this time it is okay but do not message him again until you hear from him first.

• It's not usually only me contacting him, just the last couple of times. However, I'm thinking of doing what you said. Sometimes it feels like he's not sure I'm interested and backs off, he also doesn't like texting, but I also don't wanna feel like I'm coaching him or something...