Women say they want someone funny, however...

Women say they want someone funny, but instead they always fawn over serious, non-funny people like Robert Pattinson, Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise, Vin Diesel, Pierce Brosnan, and George Clooney.

I never hear about women drooling over funny guys like Michael Cera, Jeff Foxworthy, Gilbert Gottfried, or Drew Carey.

What gives?

72

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they are rich

• That could very well be. Of course, many women also claim that money doesn't matter.

What Girls Said 6

• I think Johnny Depp is funny. He sure plays crazy characters with lots of imaginations.

But the guys you mentioned are celebrities, you don't really look for funny in celebrities, you look for eye candies. In real life, women do like funny guys, but not only funny. Basically we want guys who looks decent, have a great personality and can make us laugh.

Same with you guys: men also like women who has a sense of humor, but why do you drool over Megan Fox, instead of Ellen Degeneres (lesbian thing aside)?

• I don't think women's sense of humor really matters that much to men.

• What about Dane Cook, Gerard Butler, Daniel Tosh, Seth McFarland and Andy samberg? Those guys are all hilarious and I'm pretty sure I'd one or all of them :)

• I want a guy that is decent looking, funny, active, has a talent/skill and is a thinker...

It's not always easy to get all that in one person. So sometimes you end up with someone who is only some of that.

• Those guys you mentioned at the bottom are not good looking

• We don't

• Yeah, I think that's true. Women don't want someone who's funny. Or at least their indifferent towards humor.

• Johnny Depp? Tom Cruise? George Clooney? Have you see any of their movies? Lol they almost always play a character who is not only hot and charming, but hilarious. Captain Jack Sparrow is one of the funniest characters I've watched!

Also, women, like men, want a guy with all around attractive qualities. Drew Carey used to be obese, and none of the "funny" people you mentioned are specifically known for their good looks. Whereas the men in the beginning of your questions are not only known for being good looking, but also for their humor and charm. That makes it obvious why more girls are drooling over them. The looks factor definitely matters when it comes to simply fawning over a celebrity.

What Guys Said 2

• If you think those guys can't pull hot women, you're dreaming.

• Because they want somebody funny who had good looks. If they don't find you attractive they won't date you regardless if your personality. You'd just make a great friend