Why do girls always say they want an older guy because they are more mature?

Why would a mature guy at 32 want to be in a relationship with a girl that is 18 or 20 ish. wouldn't a mature older guy want someone around his age that he can actually relate to?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• My cousin is in his late 30's and dating someone in their early 20's and he's completely changed. He's back to being immature and basically at her level. She's hot and all, but I don't understand why he'd want to regress personally simply out of dating.

• in my opinion, being old and dating someone a lot younger expresses more immaturity than maturity

• I completely agree. It just doesn't make any sense either because he always had his life together and is very successful but I feel like he's turned into a 15 year old girl who loves drama. I blame it all on her.

What Girls Said 3

• The stereotype is that a guy wants a younger woman because women 30 and over are "too ugly" or "uglier." Kind of like Hugh Hefner and his perpetual girlfriends in their early-twenties. He gets older and the girls don't. It's a control thing I think. In p*rnography, a lot of sites are dedicated to just 18-year-olds, which seems a tad creepy to me, if that's what middle-aged guys prefer.

Sometimes a younger person IS more mature for his/her age. I support people dating within a 15-year age range.

• 15 years seems like too big of a gap in my opinion though. being 30 and being 45 is way way different

• I'm 22 and would date a 37-year old guy max. But if I got "too old" for him when I turned 30, it would hurt.

• I don't know about why guys want a relationship with a girl that is 18 or 20 , but I can tell you from my experience that for a girl, dating an older guy is the best.

I dated once a younger guy, and it was terrible. I felt like his mother all the time. Older guys are much more mature, and that what we likes.

we doesn't want a baby-boy friend, we want a man .

• I don't understand 32 year old man going after 18 year old girl,that's just creepy. But I understand 18 year old girl going after 21-22. 22 year old guys usually are way more mature than 18 year old guys.

What Guys Said 4

• Even with women waiting longer to get married due to career goals and concerns over debt and unemployment in a weak economy, the average age of marriage from women is still at about 26 years old. If you play the averages, that means you're looking for girls around 22-25 to build a serious relationship with that movies towards marriage. If you go older, you generally run into girls that are already married, in committed relationships that are moving towards marriage, divorces, single mothers, and women who are a wreck in more then one way. I agree chasing an 18 year old is a bit too young, but if you want to build a relationship with someone that hasn't already accumulated too much baggage and has at least started her career (or is in graduate studies to have a better career) and has matured a little bit beyond her teen years, then you need to shoot for women in their late early 20's generally. Now take into account that the average age men get married at is about 29 years old at the moment. So those men in their late 20's to early 30's are basically trying to land those women that have started to mature and are looking to get on with life, but not the one's that have wrecked a marriage and are pushing a baby stroller with an angry ex-husband in her life. Does that make sense?

• Guys mature more slowly than women. Maybe the guy doesn't want to settle down, because actually women settle down around age 30, after they have financial security, etc.

• There are several possible reasons, for this. Some women are just physically attracted to older men. Other women with daddy issues try to rationalize their behavior, by claiming it has something to do with maturity even if its not. Also a lot of those men are already established financially, and the woman might be looking to be taken care of.

A guy at 32 would want to be in a relationship with a girl of 18 or 20 ish, because of sex appeal. It may also be that because she doesn't have any money of her own yet, it gives him some financial control over her. Being able to relate to someone with that much of an age gap is not a problem. It isn't like the 32 year old grew up in much different standards.

• 18-20 ish are more naive and look for romance and love and want to be swept off their feet and love it when they get that "wow" attention from a guy.

32 or older single women want trust, companionship and a guy that is financially stable above what the younger girls want, if they can also get that, then it's just a bonus.

Both age groups can be easy or challenging just depends on the girl or woman, there just isn't a generalization for that.