My girlfriend and I got into a heated fight. she threw a remote at my TV screen. it broke. ...reimbursement?

the TV was a gift to me from my father. she is sayin she will pay me 300$ but the TV costs 500$. (cheapest I can find it). I think she should buy me the same tv. I don't know how to tell her as she will flip out. should I just take the 300$ and pay 200$ for a 500$ TV or should I try to be justifiably reimbursed?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• She should reimburse you for the T.V. If she broke it accidentally, i.e., falling on it, throwing a wii remote at it that flung off her wrist, or something, then I'd see where the whole 300/200 would make sense. But she should pay it all since she deliberately flung something at it in anger toward you.

What Girls Said 2

• $300.. It isn't like she meant to break your tv, and you are in a relationship with her...

• You should pay the half cost for it. I think, she pays you the right amount, you're partly caused of the fight and it's happened accidentally.

What Guys Said 4

• Don't try to heat things up because of material things. It seems that she's financially broke so she's only offering $300. I think that your relationship is worth more investing for than the TV .

• Whatever you do, record it and put it on YouTube and come back here and post the link for us.

• I think the fastest way people learn is to experience it for themselves. Break something of hers for $500 and pay her $300 for it.

• demand $500 for the same exact tv.

who the f*** she thinks she is? put your foot down.