Whos genetics do you take after?

me? id say my grandpa. my uncle said one day that I look like his dad. but id say I have my fathers long limbs. mostly take after my grandpa I think, except for the baldness. quite strong and stocky for 5"8. don't think ill ever be as strong as my gramps though. very very strong he was, farmer all his life, very hard worker. he once hitched a trailer by lifting it.

810

Most Helpful Girl

• My Italian grandma defiantly... We look alike(from seeing pictures when she was younger)... we are VERY alike in a spiritual sense.. she had a farm washed her clothes by hand, slept in the barn with the cows, when my uncle become very rich and successful he tried to buy her things like a washer machine and other modern technology and but she kept living the way she always did and kept washing her clothes by hand!

She was very simple and intune with nature, and loved her family. I feel like a reincarnation of her.

What Girls Said 7

• My great great grandma on my dads side for my hair

My mom says I have her grandma's soft hands and her hand shape

I have similar face structure as my mom's

My face is a bit longer like my dad's

I take after my dad in terms of teeth

I take after my mom's side in terms of curves and bum/bosom

I have my mom's ears (thank god)

Mix of parent's noses

Mom's eyebrow shape, dad's eyebrow color

Freckles...no one alive that's for sure. Not even my redheaded great great grandma had freckles

Feet, mom's and dad's

Mmm and a lot of other traits are a mystery to my family.

This is an actual topic that comes up often in my family. lol

• I have my mothers voice (people always think I'm her on the phone), teeth and figure mostly. I look more like my Dad in my features as I am getting older. I have the Grandfathers need for silence and appetite for reading and writing also his stable weight, I've been the same for about 15 years. Lastly I have my Grandmothers sense of Justice.

• I'm not sure who I take after in terms of looks... Had I never seen the hospital pics, if someone had told me I was adopted, I'd believe it.

But otherwise, I got my height from my mother, and if I really try to dissect my body I would say I took after her more.

• I look like a mix between my mother and father. I've been told I look more like my mother and some say I look like my father's mother when pulling certain faces. My mother looks much younger than other women of her age, I hope that's transferred to me as well. Probably, because I'm 19 and look like a 15 year old. I hope I don't get her irrationality, though.

• mum's features and most of the characteristics I'm proud of

dad's impatience and most of the characteristics I'm not proud of.

• I had a great, great, great aunt. Actually, I am not sure who she was but she was on my mom's side of the family and a blood relative who lived in the late 1800's. There is a picture of her in my aunts house on the wall and when anyone I know sees it they always comment about how it's a cool fake vintage dress up photo of me. We look so much alike. I think the only thing that is different is our noses. It's uncanny how much we look alike not including the huge generation gap between us.

• I look like my mom in the face, but I take after my dad in my build. My mother is stocky and apple shaped, but my dad is longer and lanky. I'm 5'4 and am 107 lbs. I am rather thin and fit like my dad. My dad also ages very slowly. He is 57 years old and looks like he's in his early 30's. I am 19 and look like I'm 12.

What Guys Said 10

• That's a complicated answer. The best way is to get a whole exome or whole genome sequencing and see what disease-carrying mutations or single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) you and your parents have- but I'm assuming you're talking more about physical traits. Physically, I look more like my maternal side of the family, but I do have some of my paternal side's physical traits.

• It's pretty evenly divided down the middle. Since I'm biracial I look like neither.

• I get my long legs from my mother, though most of my features come from my dad (Especially the big nose and chin xD)

I saw of a photo of him as a boy once, and he looked almost identical to me :P

• I can say that I'm the result of the mixed genetics of my parents.

• I look like my father.

• combo of both my parents but maybe a little more my father but its close

• Mums side physically. Both sides personality wise (but mostly dad).

• I look more like my dad, but I think my personality is more similar to my mom. So both.

• My grandfather. I look very similar to how he did when he was my age. When he took out his old yearbook from the early 60s, I easily found him just looking at the students pictures.

• I think my mom may have screwed around. I'm the only white one in my family. No-one says anything...but everyone knows something just isn't right. And I really stand out in all our family pictures also.

So, I'll go with my dad...who ever he may be.