Can you honestly say that you don't care what people think about you?

Can you truly say that the opinions and or judgements of others have zero influence on you? I hear so many people say without any hesitating and with utter defiance - YES! Yes I can!

I mean if that is the case then great, really you are a free soul.

I used to be one of those people and I really did believe myself when I made such a bold statement. Society has however tainted me and now it's somewhat a conscious effort NOT to do something that is MY 'norm' but someone else's 'weird, cooky, or crazy' Don't get me wrong I'm still all those things when my mind doesn't get to edit lol but I've kind of put a leash on some things I do now - a long leash... but still a leash. Because I can no longer say YES! to this question with complete and utter certainty. I think I would answer with a "not all the time" :)...xX

18

Most Helpful Guy

• I care a little too much about what people think about me. Not so much as in the sense of positive or negative comments, but more so what is true or not true. Like, if a moron walked up to me, and gave me the WORST deduction based on what he sees about me or what I do, and it's TOTALLY off mark, I flip out, cause he's a moron.

However, just the same, if he gives a sterling deduction, I'll be impressed. So, it's not so much as an ego thing (some people care about what others think about them because they have low/high self esteem which needs to be fed), but more like I simply like intelligent people who can find truth in deduction, and if you think of me in a certain way that is valid/invalid, I could get pissed of impressed cause you may be intelligent/a moron.

What Guys Said 7

• others opinions mostly doesn't affect me, if I join in on a

conversation, it's because I'm 100% completely certain that I'm right.

but well, same as you "not all the time" I

wouldn't ever go outside naked ^.~

but in terms of how I dress and carry myself, I'm not

bothered at all with the opinions of others, as long

as I like how I look and what I do, I'm happy with that ^.~

• wow - God I miss those days... Good for you!...xX

• well maybe at nighttime and for a dare, but I meant

in the daytime where there's lots of people outside ^.~

• yikes.. I think I'd spare society! I'm not that ballsy haha...xX

• Basically the only thing that I care enough to be vulnerable towards is people who try and devalue what I've achieved for myself. Other then that, I don't care. Allot of people find reason to dislike me because of how little I value the opinion of others.

I'm awesome though. How many people do you know that will just randomly start dancing while in line waiting for their morning coffee? I love shocking people and putting a smile on peoples faces.

• Argh I totes get ya! But as for shocking people lol priceless - Best place to do it is at red lights lol...xX

• I'd definitely make the 6 o'clock news with that extra bit of flair. haha

• No doubt! It would be a mighty good time for the viewers lol!...xX

• Can I honesty? No, but I can act like it doesn't bother me pretty well, haha. But I'm a shy reserved person so normally I always do care what people think and my 1st impression I will be really reserved and cautious at what I say because I do care what they think. Once I become more comfortable I start showing more of my personality because I know them more and know what to say, what to talk about and so on and so fourth.

• this is the pattern that I can see happening everywhere... people are taking queues from others and analysing what kind of 'vibe' or 'people' they're dealing with and adjusting their own behavior to merge into that 'vibe' or atmosphere harmoniously. And I don't even think it's a conscious effort! lol It's not always the case but It's winning in the law of averages I'd say...xX

• A lot of it is because people just seem really sensitive for certain issues. I mean a lot of people get really defensive on there certain beliefs but in the process disregard yours because they think you're wrong or whatever reason. Politics, Religion are two topics that are very difficult to talk about if two people disagree and a lot of people are passionate about what they believe.

• I can't lie. It does bother me when people make fun of my virginity and how shy I am around women. Particularly because of my age. Most people my age have outgrown these things by now. I think why its hurts so much is because I know there right. It is something I really need to work on.

• In my experience most females who say this are lying to themselves.

• I can honestly say, I don't give a damn.

• I don't give a sh*t what strangers think about me. My friends and family on the other hand... what they think of me matters to me.

What Girls Said 1

• i care about what SOME people think about me - and I think there is nothing wrong with that. it's wrong to care what everyone thinks about you.