Is it bad for the girlfriend to give the first gift?

So me and my SO's one month anniversary was last week and we both spaced before hand so we made up with a really nice Skype date. (Since we couldn't be together. ) I wanted to get him something to let him know I care about him, like a little keychain that goes together with one that I'll keep. Or something small, that's not too overwelming. But I was wondering if it's bad for me to give him a gift before he gives me one. Should I wait for him to give me something? My mom and friends keep telling me I'll scare him away. What do you think?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• It will not scare him away. Actually, that's a good way to show him that you're still thinking about him a lot. It's not weird if you give him the first gift. It's weird if you don't give him anything at all.

What Guys Said 1

• Definitely wait, it'll also show you how serious and interested he is. Month is pretty soon for gifts :)

• thanks for your input. I appreciate it

What Girls Said 1

• I think after a month of dating that is far too soon. cute idea, just not right now.

i would wait until maybe the 6 month mark then revisit the idea.