Why wouldn't she respond to my message?

So this may seem stupid, but it's been kinda bugging me.

A few weeks ago I messaged this girl I used to like from high school. She used to be really into me to, but nothing ever happened cause I was shy and weird back then. We stayed in touch sparingly, but didn't talk a ton.

So I messaged her because I wanted to start talking to her again and see where it went. I simple said "Hey ___, been awhile. How are you?" and I never got a response. Usually when you message someone on Facebook it shows you when they "saw" the message, but even now, three weeks later, she hasn't "seen" it. I don't know if she's purposely ignoring it or what.

We were never on bad terms or anything and she's been one to always say happy birthday every year (even if just on FB) so I don't see why she wouldn't respond, even if it's just to talk to an old friend again.

So should I try and message her again and just say "hey"? Any advice is welcome.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Post on her wall instead. It must be that she's not into answering messages.

What Girls Said 2

• give it time, keep yourself busy and don't message her again in my opinion. you sid that you liked her in high school, a lot might have changed since then, just don't think abut it so much let things flow naturally. peace.

• Yes you can try to message her again. She hasn't read the first one so she may have just skipped over it.

What Guys Said 1

• "How are you" is pretty boring, it's what every other guy is going to message her, so why would she want to talk to you if you're just like every other guy?

Say something funny, hell just say something other than "Hey"...