How can I reconnect to my boyfriend after a serious argument

My boyfriend didn't tell me that a woman jumped into bed with him and he told her no. I moved over here and she befriended me without my knowledge of what went on.. The other night we went out for dinner I had too much to drink and hit him up about it. Any way he came clean and told me he didn't say anything because he thought there was no point as nothing happened. The point that upset me was she befriended me and didn't say anything. I want to reconnect with my boyfriend how can I?

07

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• If you want your boyfriend to feel that he can tell you stuff like this (i.e., stuff that you don't really want to hear, or about things that happened that you aren't going to like), then you need to make SURE you can handle hearing about those things without letting your emotions getting away from you. You need to make sure you can let him know that you appreciate and respect him for doing the right thing, and let him know that you don't blame him for what happened.

If you react negatively towards him when he tells you stuff like this, you're only going to make him LESS likely to tell you about these things in the future, because he's not going to want to be "punished" by you for something that happened outside of his control (this girl jumping in bed with him), much less him doing the right thing (telling her "no").

You can't ask for the truth unless you can HANDLE the truth.

Think about all that happened, and then go and talk to your boyfriend about it. Be COMPLETELY open and honest about it, and appreciate that he did the right thing when it would have been very easy for him to do the wrong thing.

• What's odd to me is that you feel the need to "reconnect" with him after basically nothing. Based on what you wrote, where's the rift? Nothing happened, he didn't tell you that nothing happened, and now you need to "reconnect." Where's the rift to begin with? He deserves a high five and some sex for turning down another woman who was throwing herself at him. There shouldn't be any need to "reconnect." You even said that what upset you is that SHE befriended you and didn't tell you what SHE did. Where's your boyfriend's fault? Go home, rip your clothes off, take him to bed and remind him he made the right choice.

• You should not tell at him for doing the right thing. That's not how you motivate him to continue to do the right thing.

• Look at it this way!

Put yourself in his place.

How would you handle it if some guy did the same thing?

Do you keep it a secret?

Or let it all out and take your chances?

You see where he is?

• Go on vacation with him

• You honestly should dump his ass for some sh*t like that.

What Girls Said 0