Sister is splitting up with partner after 6 years, afraid things will change too much?

This may sound silly but here it goes. Long story short: my sister met someone and moved to another country, they've been together for over 5 years, got a civil partnership and all. No kids though.I get along great with her family in law, I see them as my own family as well and love them dearly. A couple of days ago my sister told me she was leaving her wife (yes, not husband, wife). She decided this half a year ago. Now first I'm shocked that they are splitting up, I love those people to bits and I'll miss them so much, I just don't want them out of my life. Second, I'm upset she waited half a year to tell me... Third: she already met someone else. It would feel like a betreyal to my sister's ex if I like the new girl...

Sorry this sounds silly but it's quite hard to cope with this. Any advice?

No rude comments or silly things please.

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• About your first statement, you can still be friends with her ex's family. Have a great time with them. It's not as if you were the one who broke up with her ex.

Second, she waited half a year because she wants to weigh the possible options and consequences she will incur.

Third, it's not betrayal.

• But it would be weird to visit them when I go over to that country if my sister doesn't wanna join me..

• Friendship is the one thing you must always treasure, no matter what.

• That's true. Thank you for your answer!

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!