Do you care what people say or think?

Like the tiltle kind of says lol

Do you care about what people say or think about you?...sadly for some reason I do.:/

618

Most Helpful Guy

• I am the same as Anon, I don't really care what other people think of me, because I think it's useless. I can't change their thinking, so why bother caring. If they think I'm a mean bastard, then so be it, maybe I am, maybe I'm not, but it's their opinion and they have every right to have such an opinion.

What Guys Said 17

• When I feel depressed and low in life I hear This song ^_^

https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=_1xXYeNrW9k

• No. The world will always hate Gay men. I won't let that stop me from enjoy my life to its potential.

• No, I'm really comfortable in solitude, and can easily sit back and watch and wait to see who people really are. I'm more concerned with picking out the kind-hearted people in a crowd that act for the right motivations (even if they make mistakes) and whom possess the right characteristics. People make all sorts of judgement about me before they know a thing about me. Those assumptions when voiced make it easier to sort out the wrong people from the right people. I only value the opinion of those that have gotten close to me. Everyone else is just part of a game...

• I care what people say or think about me, but it doesn't really disturb me if it's something bad. I might think about changing whatever people say is bad about me, but I won't start crying, or go crazy over it.

• We ALL care about what people think, at least sometimes. (Yes, even you reading this, especially you). The same person who is saying to their friend "oh, don't care what they think" goes home and stresses over something someone else says.

I think the overall idea is to take constructive criticism well, try to improve and try to generally be as polite and considerate as you can to people, but don't be a slave to their opinions. Don't bend 180 degrees to please people who will never appreciate who you are.

• I do too. Fortunately I try my best to be nice and improve. Some people are just mean and mean people still have the right of free speech. So even though I have to hear mean people talk it doesn't mean they are right. Be happy you get to pick your friends and can listen to the nice things they say.

• I do care what people say about me if it will affect me in a positive way.

Usually, I don't listen to them because they're just full of jealousy, drama, and they're just trying to pull me down.

• I still do a little bit, but nowhere near as much as I used to :-)

• Online, no. But in person, a little. Just enough to take criticism and learn from it, but not enough to be humiliated.

• If their ignorant =No, their opinion is invalid because they are mostly haters or people who stick to one thing in life and won't change their views no matter what. (Kind of like, People who assume things about you when they obviously no nothing about you) :)

Someone I know= Possibly.

• In general not at all.

For specific people yes. But there's only 3-5 of them depending on what we're talking about. And three are related to me.

• No, because if for some reason I get into the center of attention that means those people seriously got really boring and pathetic lives

• yes I do

• no, not really, I'm going to be me!

• Up to a point - I take in what is constructive, and block out the rest.

• Could care less.

• So long as they don't seriously believe me to be something unforgivable like a serial rapist, child molester, or a televangelist.

All jokes aside, I don't really care much about what they think I am. Most people already think I'm stupid, slow, an asshole, maybe some kind of thug, or a whatever. They think I'm intimidating, or scary. They think I'm a jerk. A bad guy. A liar. All kinds of things. I mean I'm not, but people think what they think. Yeah, it can get annoying at times, but I try not to let it get to me, too much. Once you start letting go, and forgetting about what other people think, or what people may or may not think, in the now or in future sense, you will find out just how little it matters. You'll see that people are gonna think what they're gonna think, and that you can't please everyone, so since this is something you can't control, you might as well stop worrying about it. It's just a waste of time and energy.

In short: Just do what you think is right. Do what you need to do. Do what you think is the right thing, by your own beliefs, not other people's. Otherwise on some level, you're just going to let other people run your life. Do you want that? I know I sure don't.

• I'd like to add to your list of people who are unforgivable.

people who drive to slow in the fast lane, and Justin Bieber

• Or people who don't know the difference between "to" and "too" perhaps?

What Girls Said 6

• Yup I do. But it depends on what. Small minor things doesn't bother me but as soon as people start to call me names that I personally strive not to be it makes me question myself and can make me sad.

• Initially: No.

I might start caring later if I find out they have a practical reason for what they said/thought (example: constructive criticism, praise for an exceptional job, etc). Usually the answer continues to be 'No' though. People have a bad habit of saying using their emotions to dictate what they say (then refusing to recognize it as such).

• yes. you have to care what people think. if you didn't it would be hard to get through life successfully

• Depends really on what you consider a succeful life.

• lol so you're gonna get on all my answers? apparently if you're pretending to care means you don't want them to think you're a jerk. meaning you care. so f*** you. suck a d***. but yeah. you're blocked lol

• youre 16 for christs sake. focus on school and not sexy kat lol

• I do too. I wish I didn't. :(

• You know, I have to say, I have lived my whole life feeding off of what people think of me. I am telling you, it has lead me to a have really low self esteem. I have been diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression. It has to be the worst feeling in the world. So please, do not let what people say get to you, it will really tear you down.

• Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I guess it depends on my state of mind at that moment.

It also depends on who it is and what they're thinking/saying.

Ultimately, I tend to care more often than not. I try not to though, haha!