Question for those of you that are culturally informed and politically educated

Who is doing more damage to the country through their influence and army of lobbiests and corrupt politicians that serve them by getting bail outs bloated budgets etc?

1) the military industrial complex

2) the big oil companies

3) wall street and the big banks

4) the big pharma companies.

316

Most Helpful Guy

• The Federal Reserve. It acts as an enabler for all the malinvestment by the federal government. The only way we can keep spending as much as we are spending while interest rates are low and taxes aren't at crippling level is by having a private, unregulated entity flooding the market with cheap currency.

This central bank finances the wars and it finances these artificial booms that go bust. It also finances the puppet governments we prop up in the Middle East while all the foreign aid we hand out finances the rich people in poor countries. And as for that bloated military we have spread out all over the world? It finances that too.

The world somehow trusts the dollar while the US is cheating the system by printing money to finance an empire that is unsustainable by any realistic standards.

We want cheap subsidized healthcare/education, a strong military, AND low taxes? If we had all 3, something is fundamentally wrong and it's going to get really ugly when the world figures that out.

What Girls Said 3

• I think they're all terrible and I recommend signing this petition

link

• A question after my own heart!

probably the first three equally, the first two because they both drive Americas toxic foreign policy and the ridiculous size of Americas defense budget.

Wall street and the Big Banks because of their influence (everywhere) the fact that they are not held accountable to anyone and that they grant corporations more rights than human beings.

• All of them. Seriously.

What Guys Said 15

• It's

4 > 2 > 3 > one if you are living in America.

4. first because big medical is just a bloated liability in the form of medicare, and free care (Obama care) for the people who don't pay which make up a majority of the country; baby boomers and the poor. Remember that there are less people working in this country then there aren't. Also big medical is more about paying out insurance, and bureaucrats rather than the medical expense itself.

2. Oil in America is currently in a surplus and we export and will export for a few more years. We also have a lot of natural gas but these companies are publicly traded so they will always raise prices during a scare to increase profits.

3. I hate Wall Street and the Banks trust me, but in America, where we have NO REAL PRODUCTION anymore, our entire living standard is dependent on the fact that our $$$ is currently world reserve currency status and will continue to be. Doesn't change the fact that all bankers are scum.

1. The ONLY THING we never exported to the Chinese ( aka our slave labor ) is our military production capacity. We have bases in every country, and sell weapons to everyone. We are essentially Rome, 2000 years ago. We control all trade routes, and secure energy resources.

Ur question is hilarious because it asks who is doing the most damage through bloated budgets. The answer is our our bloated public sector. If you don't believe me, look at the Post Office. A majority of public sector liability costs goes out to paying out pensions to people for 100k+ a year who have worked a government job and are now retired.

• Ok In the future of America this will completely depend on what political party is in charge of the white house and who is president. That will determine who is running what and what companies have reign to do as they like. The biggest issue is electing a president that is not obliged to contributors and every action must go along with one political party.

• To ask that is to ask which of the bullets in the barrel is the most deadly. That is to say; they are all expressions of the bourgeois arsenal. It isn't one particular lobby, company, agenda, etc., that does the damage, it's the system that facilitates their existence and the class that ensures their successes.

• None of the above. It's the VOTERS re-electing career politicians that are doing the major damage.

• you are right but sadly the media is controlled and owned by those same corporations, and they choosse the politicians by ignoring third party candidates

• All of them but mostly 3) because without the right funding the rest can't really exist in the way that they exists today.

• I think people will think that you are conspiracy theory believer or a communist lol , all of them does severe damage to the country you are living in.

• Big corporations.

• Does it really matter? It's all big money.

• 5) Public sector unions I'd rank above them all.

After that, I think one is more corrupt, but 4 is playing in a game whose rules cause more damage.

I don't exactly blame the unions btw.

The problem in all cases you mentioned, plus my case 5, is that voters don't understand the implications of what politicians are doing, so politicians are forced to make short term decisions over and over and over. Any politician who suggests pain now to avoid more pain in 10-15 years gets thrown out.

• In 2000 the laws were changed to allow investment banks to merge with deposit banks and credit default swaps were legalized both of which helped send us into the depression we're in now. all thanks to the banks and wall street who lobbied for this sh*t.

• In order of the scope of damage ... 3) then 1) then 2) and lastly, 4).

• I don't know, but for those people who do care, it is up to us to do something about it so that they can't get away with it. If people just feel like not caring, then they will get away with so much more.

• 5) democrat politicians

• Because Bush was so much better...

• He said the question was for the informed and educated ones. You obviously aren't qualified.

• 1 and 2

• Hmm I would say this administration is doing by far the most damage, through things like incredible spending, supporting revolts where it won't benefit us, moving us into conflict with the Russians over Syria, bringing in illegals to get on welfare (democrats specifically stopped an attempt to cease advertising welfare benefits on foreign soil) not to mention stirring up racial hostilities.

• Do you really think the US would rather go to war with Russia again, rather than protecting their national interest? Also I think avoiding conflict by getting involved and pushing for a solution the benefits the USA sounds better that getting involved in a trillion dollar war.

• America's interest is war. We spend more money on war than the entire world does combined. Avoiding conflict talk is for children.

Look I'm d*** cheney: Pick one option if you are Iraq

You have weapons of mass destruction! (War)

I have nothing to hide, let inspectors check themselves (War)

I don't understand, the guys who did it were Saudis...(War)

• Correct me if I'm wrong--but we had no real reason to get involved in Libya, Egypt, or now Syria.