A question about bacteria...

Say someone took some raw chicken, and rubbed it all over the bare chest.

Then, say that same person, spayed themselves with perfume to mask the smell of the raw chicken...

Would the alcohol in the perfume kill the bacteria?

533

Most Helpful Guy

• I doubt it, the alcohol content in perfume just isn't strong enough.

You will surely grow feathers afterward, so it's a bad idea. You won't get sick or die from the bird flu though, so no need to worry.

What Guys Said 32

• Or, you could just break up with him.

• No, the bacteria will just get drunk off the alcohol which will make them horny and have a lot sex and reproduce, therefore increasing the population of the bacteria. Since all living things need substance to survive they will start devouring your body until you're dead and there's nothing left of you. So the point you should take from this is, don't do stupid things like rub raw chicken on your chest.

Trust me I majored in biology.

• But I wouldn't be the one ingesting them... and I would shower after obvs

• There are already 500-1000 or so species of bacteria living on the human skin without the chicken being rubbed on it to begin with and about 700 species of bacteria living in the human mouth. You may think raw chicken is covered with all sorts of bacteria, but it has hardly any when compared to the human body. His licking and your dirty chest will transmit far more bacteria back and forth then the chicken could hope to ever do. Bacteria on and within the human body outnumber human cells 10 to 1. You're not as clean as you think you are. =P That said, the two bacteria on raw chicken that are of concern are Campylobacter and Salmonella.

So, to answer your question now, Salmonella and are capable of surviving for several weeks outside of the body, but this is generally due to being in a moist environmental. Alcohol (Ethanol) works to kill bacteria by dehydrating cells and denaturing proteins. It has been show that 40% - 100% ethanol kills Salmonella in 10 seconds and 70% ethanol Campylobacter within one minute. So you ask, how much alcohol is in perfume? Generally, perfume contains about 60-80% alcohol and colognes about 80%-90% alcohol. So there you go, the most dangerous bacteria will likely be killed by the ethanol by the time you spray the perfume on your chest and you walk into the other room.

• no. it may kill some of the bacteria but def not all. Even hand sanitizer doesn't necessarily kill all bacteria

you really are into some kinky a** stuff huh?

...kidding

• Say that same person was also admitted to a mental ward, or had the police contacted.

And I don't know how much of your perfume is alcohol but it would probably be too diluted.

Anyway enjoy trying to turn into a serial killer, with the brain/imagination of a first grader.

P.S. The chance he has of even being infected is slim to none, worse than your chance honestly.

• How does making someone sick, make me a serial killer?

• The odor of the chicken would kill the perfume..! But he bacteria would't be discouraged much by just a little perfume!

Of all the things to try to spice up sex, this is the one most likely to fail!

• No there would still be traces of salmonella... And your still going to smell a bit like raw chicken (hard smell to mask) bleach is really best for killing salmonella...

What kind of sick sh*t are you into... lol

• No. Some perfumes contain more ethanol than scented oil while others contain more oil than ethanol.

Parfum - Mostly scented oil

Eau de Parfum - quite concentrated with some ethanol

Eau de Toilette - less concentrated than eau de parfum (maybe 10% to 20% fragrance in 80%-90% ethanol) - the most common form of perfume or cologne (men's perfume)

Eau de Cologne - the weakest of the 4 strengths

• A wild jackass appears

Betwyn uses perfume-masked chicken,

It's not very effective

I'd advise using another method.

1. Soak his clothes in meat, Then release a pack of ravenous wolves

2. Hire a very annoying person to follow him around until he commit suicide.

3. Stop watering him until he shrivels and dies (this may only work on plants, I haven't tried it in a while.

4. While he is sleeping scatter legos around on his floor.

Hope this helps!

• I don't have access to his clothes...

Don't have money to hire someone lol.. and I don't want him to die.

LOL

I don't have access to his bedroom

• OKay then.

Hire an annoying person to stop watering his legos until a pack of ravenous wolves shrivels and dies.

• Could it? Yes

Will it? Maybe, but probably not in this case unless you used the whole bottle. The alcohol content of your typical bottle of perfume is not going to be nearly high enough to destroy bacteria.

Also bear in mind, the chicken flesh may or may not of contained any bacteria in the first place.

• I think the odds of him getting sick are actually low, certainly anything worse then cramps.

• I'm not sure, but I like your kinks.

• You shouldn't get yourself into these situations.

• Is that someone...happens to be you?!? Don't know where you're going with this...*glares*...freeekay! lol

• Alcohol in the perfume will kill some bacteria but not nearly enough to make any change.

I personally don't think putting a slab of raw chicken on someones chest will make them sick anyways.

• It isn't the "chest" person who is supposed to get sick...

• Haha no, They're have to completely whipe it down with something like 80% alcohol, then take a wet cloth and rinse it off.

• I don't thin so because there's more than just alcohol in cologne. By the way who rubs raw chicken on their chest?I might give it a try to see what all the fuss is about

• Why not give him a soda with a little syrup of ipecac in it? Maybe rub that on your chest...

• no, I don't think it would kill off the bacteria.

• there are easier ways of poisoning someone lol (i've never used them, just heard of em)

• but this, would just be attributed to food poisoning

• He wouldn't want anything I cook.. and isn't here at meal times

• Ahh OK, that makes sense then

• Why the hell are you asking this question? I mean, you could have simply asked "Does alcohol kill bacteria?".

• Yes

• Probably not. Perfume isn't a good cleaning agent. Raw chicken contains a variety of nasty bacteria that can cause serious illness or death, so I wouldn't do that if I were you.

• probably not

• May I ask what made you ask this question?

• accept my friend requestttttttttt

• Of course not.

There are better ways to kill the bacteria.

• Ah, the old "raw chicken on the boobs" ploy. Yeah, we've lost a lot of good men to that. . .

• well, even if it were to lead to a loss... it wouldn't be a good man.

• not that good to be honest

• Bummer!

• The bacteria on the raw chicken is not the same stuff on the human body and IS dangerous and the alcohol in the perfume would kill some but not all of the bacteria. I would guess much of it would be killed but there would still be dangerous amounts there *licks chest*

• Actually quite a lot of it is. Chicken is butchered and handled by humans a lot before it makes it to the average home, and as such much of the bacteria on the human body is found on raw chicken.

• yes of course. This is my secret to attracting women.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 5

• No it would not kill the bacteria because bacteria multiplies rapidly - from 2 to 4 to 8 and so on. Thus you don't know where it has spread. Bacteria can only be killed through heat at high boiling points or with anti-septics. It can enter the body via the digestive route, through the mouth secreting toxins that cause the immune system to weaken. Hence bacteria that causes illness can only be killed through antibiotics. Cold temperatures and sterilization can also kill bacteria.

I don't want to drag on like another user said bacteria cannot be killed through spraying perfuming yourself because perfume contains very little alcohol.

Plus don't worry everything I've written is factual - got an A in the subject :)

• Raw chicken, when it's in date shouldn't smell strongly of anything (that's how you tell if it's off) so unless it's gone off you there's no smell that needs masking.

old raw chicken on the other hand stinks and you'd need a very suspicious amount of perfume to cover it up.

May I ask why said person wishes to get physical with a slab of raw chicken? Surely there are other ways to deal with unwanted attention than the possibility of food poisoning (which in severe cases can cause death) why not try a more sanitary approach like wearing a really horrible perfume, staying away from this person, instead of seeing him go out with your friends so you're always busy.

• It will kill a lot of it

• Hmmm...I'm not really sure about this one...I mean,I would think so...

• soap would do fine..