Gift idea for expecting wife, some ideas?

Hopefully soon I’m a Dad to be. I want to get some things as a gift for my wife when we find out she is pregnant and then I will get her something later when the baby makes its grand entrance into the world! I have a few ideas in my head but wanted to see what others thought. I was thinking maybe getting her some things she can use while she is pregnant I know she won’t need much right away. So what are some ideas?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Congratulations! If she's a bit of a girlie girl, a nice basket of beautythings are nice. I've heard that women can feel a bit less wanted/sexy/confident when pregnant. A basket with some facial masks, nice perfume, nice bodylotion, bathstuff, ... or even a coupon for a day at a spa, so she can relax and feel calm. Some things that may come in handy: like preparing the babyroom already, babytoys, a pillow that is used to support the baby when breastfeeding, or some books that can prepare the both of you for parenthood.

What Girls Said 2

• Congrats! If you want something for her and the baby, you should try a rocking chair so she can sit and rock with the baby in her lap. It would be calming for her and the baby in the near future. Plus it may be calming for her to sit and rock to sleep while her tummy is fully and her back starts to hurt.

Or you can try an empty baby book for the baby and start by putting in a sonogram pictures and tell her how together you can start filling it with pictures of the baby including baby footprint and artwork etc. That's a way for you and your wife to do something together after the baby is born.

• Coupons for foot massages at random because the feet swell during pregnancy. Prepare yourself to wait on her hand and foot while she carries your child :) she will love the effort. Perhaps if you wanted to get really fancy, you could go with her and help her set up the new baby's room--take a prenatal class with her. Just use the experience as a bonding time, she will love that you are putting in effort and are excited about your child <3

What Guys Said 1

• The pregnancy massage is a good idea while she's expecting. Something with the baby's birthstone and name is always nice (I got my wife a bracelet with both kids names on it when she had our 2nd)