Why would a guy agree to a hangout but then not say anything after?

Theres a guy I asked to hangout and he seemed enthusiastic about it, he's like yeah for sure! :) Just gotta make sure I'm not working. So, we talked for a little bit after that. Then, he just didn't say anything after, he just stopped the conversation and I messaged him two times after, no response. This is on Facebook so there is that seen button now, so he did read it.

Was he just being nice?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Edit: That is true, some emergency could have happened or he could have ended up at work but to not respond to my other two messages which were spread out on different days? Nobody is that busy to read a message but not respond to it at all...

07

Most Helpful Guy

• He must have changed his mind..simple!

What Guys Said 6

• He may have received some sort of urgent message about family problems, or another problem that took all is attention right away. Or maybe he hadn't charged his phone And maybe he just went to check on whether he had time..he mentioned that he might have to work! Maybe he had to leave for work immediately..

Don't over think things! There are a thousand reasons he migh thave stopped responding

• I asked my friend's cousin out on a date and she said yes. I took a risk because she was amazing to me. She was supposed to swing by on Saturday but never showed up. I called her but it rang until it went to voice mail. I called her the following day but still she didn't pick up. I'm thinking the worst like she is in a ditch somewhere.

Monday rolls around and I call again but decided not to leave another message. On Tuesday I call her work and they told me that she was at work on Monday but was off that day. Good, at least I know she is still alive. So Wednesday I call her at work and ask her what happened.

Oh, her friend got into an accident and she was visiting her at the hospital. I said I'm sorry to hear that. Is she okay? She replied with Yeah, she's okay. Could I call you back? My favorite soap opera is on now. I said sure and never heard from her again.

I gave her the benefit of the doubt, and cared for her well being. She should have just told me she wasn't interested instead of what seems to be a lie. While my story didn't have a happy ending, I think you should give him a chance to explain what happened. Hope yours turns out better.

• After you both hung out he lost interest, sorry. Unless he has a girl and doesn't want her to find out he has been seeing you?

• He's just not interested in you. When someone likes a person they go out of their way to make things work.

• Don't waste any more of your time pondering the possibilities of why he did not respond. Our instincts as primates are to keep in touch with, or keep tabs on the people that we want to spend our time with. Similar to the way that you feel about him. That said, it's safe to say that if he does not give you the courtesy of a response, he is simply not that interested.

Move on; you'll meet better men.

• It looks like he was just saying it to be nice. He doesn't seem that interested in you or else he would have took the chance you gave him

What Girls Said 0