Guys, how'd you feel if your ex wanted to see you one more time?

Say she was graduating from HS and shed never see you again, and she told you she just wanted to talk one more time and say bye for closure. How would you feel?

We broke up 5 months ago, talking in between . Would this be a weird request to just hang out, catch up, and just tell him that he really impacted my life and I'm grateful for that?

06

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd feel fine with it, as long as I know beforehand what the limitations are.

It's a perfectly normal request to want to catch up with an ex and get some closure, especially if you've maintained friendly or at least civil contact since the break-up.

I think it's important that when you do ask him, you make it clear that it's a completely platonic chat. Going up to him in the hallway and saying, "Hey, can I talk to you? I'd really like to hang out with you one last time," might send him the wrong message.

In his place, I'd be worried that accepting that invitation would be tantamount to wasting 3 hours of my life on a sob story about how we could work it out if we tried, some kind of last-ditch attempt to rekindle the flame before college.

Therefore, it's in your best interest to be as specific as possible when you make that request. Tell him that you want to have a chat over coffee before you leave for college and catch up, touch base, and say farewell. That way, he'll understand that you mean to say goodbye and that you don't want anything more than that.

This can also be accomplished with humor, like, "Hey, let's meet up before we go our separate ways to college. I just wanna make sure you know the dangers of unprotected sex - there's lots of women (and men) who are gonna be after you on campus, so you can have the pack of condoms I got signed by Ron Jeremy for good luck."

In any case, it would be best to keep it light and relaxed.

What Guys Said 5

• As that's sweeet:) I'd appreciate something like that personally :) best of luck!:)

• this is one of those things in life that don't come around too often...its called an OPPORTUNITY...take it

• No that won't happen, he'd never see it or want a relatioship w me and he didn't before when we talked. But How can I introduce hanging out one more time? He seems very weary about hanging out or one of us getting attached again.. Should I just go up to him in person in school and just say hey can I talk to you, and ask him if we can hang out before I graduate and never see him again?

• if its been 5 months, and you still feel this way, it is something that must really mean a lot to you-seize this opportunity by what ever means you can. you sound to me like you have some stuff that's really meaningful to say to him. if you don't take the chance, it'll play on your mind for a lot longer, you sound like a decent person-have a little strength, but don't allow this to take your dignity either :)

• I've never had an 'official' ex just meaningless flings. As for the latest, besides the fact I felt strongly about her, I haven't seen her in quite sometime and that opportunity wouldn't ever present itself because she's married.

• I would love to see her. But That's just me

• That would be fine for me.

You should just request to hang out. Perhaps, it might get favorable and you might get together again.

• No that won't happen, he'd never see it and he didn't before when we talked. How can I introduce hanging out one more time? He seems very weary about hanging out or one of us getting attached again.. Should I just go up to him in person in school and just say hey can I talk to you and ask him if we can hang out before I graduate and never see him again?

• Yes, go up to him in person.

What Girls Said 0