Do you agree with this awesome Quote?

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone"? What are you thoughts?

67

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree that new experiences are essential to feeling fulfillment in life. Do one thing every day that scares you, type thing.

The only downside is that the more you go outside of your comfort zone, the bigger your comfort zone becomes. I think expanding your comfort zone is important to do in your youth, taking risks and making mistakes that you learn from.

That said, I think as you get older you tend to be more comfortable being in your comfort zone, like you understand more who you are and what makes you happy. Once you develop a clearer understanding of your passions and your values, you tend to focus more on pursuing what you already know is important to you. The odd risk is still important when the right opportunity arises, but you're more conscious and careful about the kind of risks you take. You get better at taking calculated risks, so to speak.

Life is about achieving your greatest potential, and once you figure out what your strengths and your weaknesses are, you can focus on developing towards this potential. You don't have to overcome every weakness to enjoy life, you can accept some as part of who you are and embrace them. If you're constantly putting yourself outside of your comfort zone, it might be hard to find confidence in who you are and what you want out of life.

So while challenging yourself and going outside of your comfort zone is important particularly when you are young, I think life really begins when you become comfortable with who you are and then continue to grow within those boundaries, such as the pursuit of wisdom.

What Guys Said 6

• as a theory it seems very true. living life in your comfort zone in a sense may not really be living at all

Although I'd imagine there are a lot of people who (including myself at times) that feels like my comfort zone is right where I want to be and if that's not life I'm OK with it

• Life grows at the end of your comfort zone, but we need time in our comfort zones too.

Good quote.

• hell yeah.

• it applies to men more than women

• True.

Like after graduation, life starts.

• I agree 100%. Everyone I know who claims to be "stuck in a rut" hasn't left their comfort zone in ages.

What Girls Said 6

• I somewhat agree with it because everyone needs to put themselves out there to get the most out of life. You not only miss out on the things you want to avoid but you also miss good things and opportunities when you don't. But I don't think everyone has to be like this (especially not all of the time) to enjoy their life either. It depends on the individual happiness of someone.

• I agree. Nothing I've ever done that was worth doing felt exactly comfortable at the start. I'm not a person with many regrets, so I have to wholeheartedly agree to this. Life DOES begin at the end of your comfort zone.

Thank you for this question. Even though I know this, I'd forgotten and I needed the reminder of the quote.

• I think there is something to this..

There is life, the everyday mundane existence we squeeze out...

and then there is really truly living...

and that, begins at the edge of our comfort zone.

• Never heard it before, but that quote is kinda awesome. I like it. Quite a bit.

Do I agree with it? You can have a pretty boring life never doing anything daring. I'd probably change it to "A life worth living" or something about a life reaching it's full potential.

• only if it will affect your life positively.

• Yeah, once you get out, exploring other people, places around you will help you find yourself. Sticking to the same thing everyday , you won't get to explore what other hobbies you enjoy and people you come across that can help you to find yourself as a person. At the end of your comfort zone is where life takes place with meeting new friends.