Are you annoyed if someone compliments your accent?

Suppose you are trying hard to learn some language (in America, let's just assume English). You are a foreigner and trying to speak English well, and without an accent, because you are afraid you may be difficult to understand. i.e., assume you are still not confident in your communication skills in the foreign language.

Do you get annoyed if someone says they like your accent? Like, even though you are trying hard to speak well, they are pointing out how different you speak? Even though they are attempting to compliment you.

• Yes, it's at least a little annoying.
    Vote A
  • No, I'm happy if they like the way I sound.
    Vote B
  • I haven't been in this situation.
    Vote C
  • Not sure.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have an Australian accent, and when I go overseas many people like my accent. I do not get annoyed, because I tell them the same thing back (:

0|1
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Eh, people always comment on my accent because it's a weird Aussie/British mix, but I don't really mind.

I know what you mean though. I guess you'd get self conscious about speaking a different language if people kept commenting on how different your pronunciation is. Don't be offended though, they aren't pointing out your poor English - just your interesting accent. It makes you more exotic.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know what accent you have, but some chicks find them incredibly sexy. Use your powers to your advantage!

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't have any accent. I only speak English.

• Why would you be annoyed.They're sincerely complimenting you and there's nothing wrong with that.

0|0
    0|0
Loading... ;