What are your thoughts on suicide?

What are your thoughts on suicide?

And don't just say its "wrong" or "taking the easy way out" or whatever...explain to me why you think it is or inst wrong?

I personally think its OK as a last ditch effort kinda thing, like if there is no other option/way out. That why should anyone have a say in how someone lives/ends their lives...just my opinion.

54

Most Helpful Guy

• To be frank, if it were someone close to me then I'd obviously be pretty tore up about things. But from my experiences as a teenager, I've developed what seems to be an almost unnatural "meh" attitude towards suicide. I'd consider suicide if certain events and/or feelings 'clicked' in my life to where I just lost interest, energy, or desire to live through it all.

I live my day-to-day life in a very independent way in which I consider everything I do within my own head. I have close friends but I still live and react independently from their influence on me. So if it came down to me deciding that I'd want to end my life, it would seem selfish from an outside perspective that I'd suddenly do it, but I just don't live in a way that affects others so it's not my first thought when deciding what I do with myself anyway.

So yeah, my thoughts on suicide are pretty casual and if I got to a point where I wanted to commit suicide, I don't imagine it would feel that out of place to me at that point in time.

What Guys Said 3

• suicide is a cash advancement

• I think everyone has the right to end his or her own life. However, you should fulfil any contractual obligations you have beforehand. I believe the law is right to allow suicide. I also believe that assisted suicide should be legal.

I think in some situations suicide is a rational choice. But a lot of people feel hopeless when actually there are possibilities for change. Suicide is a choice that can't be undone, so it should be thought about carefully.

• I personally think it's fine. I would have done it a long time ago if it wasn't gonna be a burden on my family to do so.

What Girls Said 5

• My opinion, which I'm sure many will disagree with but... its how I (emphasis on the I) feel. lol. Its hard to make such a judgment when there are so many circumstances to consider.

I will say in situations where someone is not going to get better and are in pain and do something like physician-assisted suicide I personally don't think badly of them for that. Or something along those lines you know what I mean.

But in general when people do it when they have other options I have a completely different and strong opinion. This is possibly because I have had people in my life who took their life and I have seen how it affected the family/friends and I know the pain of losing them. I know the pain of knowing they felt like they couldn't come to me or any of the countless people that cared about and loved them.

I feel that its a selfish decision and as the saying goes, "A permanent solution to a temporary problem."

Again, its hard to judge though because we have no idea what people are thinking/feeling or what they are going through if they didn't talk about it.

I believe there are better ways to handle things if someone is willing.

• Suicide is self murder. Its not ok

• I don't think about it at all. I don't think it ever should be a way to fix a problem and I think there's always another way.

• Young people: Suicide doesn't give you a chance to try and lead a better life. If you're capable, your existence on Earth means that you have a moral obligation to somehow help those less fortunate. Those two things are what held me back from ever doing anything, no matter how depressed I was. Also, people who care about you would miss you, and suicide would only bring them anger, grief, and pain.

Old people: If they are in a lot of physical pain, it's okay in certain circumstances.

• I know someone who ended his life. He had been very ill for a long time and he was in constant pain. Drugs no longer helped him. He opted out. He was a good man who loved his family and did right by others his whole life. I don't blame him a bit for doing what he did. I don't think it makes him a coward. It makes me terribly sad that such a good person had to suffer like that, and in the end he had had enough. He did what he thought was right - to spare himself more pain, and to spare the people he loved having to watch him die a horrible, wasting death. He looked out for them to the very end and did his best not to make a mess. The people he left behind understood, and will miss him every day. I hope he found peace.