If I pay my credit card bill late...

I only have one credit card and it is not even a regular credit card. meaning it is only allowed to be used at one store. the store that provided me it. I use it to buy new clothes for work and school and if I have a special occasion to attend. I admit sometimes I splurge and add an expensive bag & shoes. I've had this credit card for 2 years now. I have been very consistent on paying BEFORE the due date. For one year I payed over 500 dollars more than the minimum. this year I have been paying just an extra 20 to 50 dollars more than the minimum due to unemployment and being busy with school.

i have never been late with payments and I am scared that if I am late this month my credit score will become destroyed. will it destroy it? its the only liabilities I have right now.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• As far as I know, one late payment on a credit card won't destroy your credit but it can affect the amount of interest the company charges you. They could put you in a different category for even one late payment and charge you much more interest, although these terms vary from card to card. Now, if you didn't pay for two months that would be more likely to affect your credit. I'd look over your terms and call them if necessary to inquire about penalties. Do try to make the payment and exceed the minimum if at all possible.

What Guys Said 1

• You won't get destroyed, just a little increase in payment due to interest.

What Girls Said 2

• It won't get destroyed just because you paid late one month.

• Find a way to make the payment, it's better if you do. Check with the company that gave you the card for more info.