Is this a misunderstanding?

I questioned his intentions. I asked him straight, he admitted to it. Then later says it was a misunderstanding. He didn't mean it like that. Was it really a misunderstanding? Would you admit to wanting sex then later say no that's not what you mean?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• The only thing I can guess is he though you might interpret his answer that he wants sex to mean that he ONLY wants sex and not a relationship also. What exactly was your question, and what exactly was his answer?

• I asked "am I right or wrong? are you just looking for someone to sleep with?" and he said "yea you're right". then later turns around and said "i didn't say that. I didn't mean it like that". Which makes no sense. My question and his answer is as straight and to the point as it can get.

• Sounds that way.

What Guys Said 2

• Anon is right

• Nope, he meant it the first time, he took it back because you reacted negatively in his eyes to it.

• not necessarily.

• Yes necessarily, this is coming from a guy whose done that.

What Girls Said 1

• What exactly did you say and what did he say.

• I asked "am I right or wrong? are you just looking for someone to sleep with?" and he said "yea you're right". then later turns around and said "i didn't say that. I didn't mean it like that". Which makes no sense. My question and his answer is as straight and to the point as it can get. Right?

• did you ask him what he 'meant'?

people do sometimes answer without thinking or answer the way they want to be percieved by themselves or others. if he meant something else he should have no problem telling you what it was he meant.

• He said he was "too tired" and "misread' my question. I said there's no misunderstanding that question and being "too tired" is no excuse. A couple hours later he turns around and says "you lied. I never said that". Do you really think he answered "without thinking"? And if he didn't mean it that way, would he turn it back on me two hours later?