I want to be a stay at home mom, how should I tell my boyfriend?

my mom was a stay at home mom, my dad worked and she cooked and cleaned. This is what I'm used to... my brothers and gradma are disabled and I enjoy helping them out and cooking for them. My mom has been sick the past few years so I am taking on a lot of the chores for her. I like being close to home, I would work if had to but I rather put my hard work into raising a family and keeping the house nice and altogether. I don't buy new clothes or spend lots of money, family is the most important thing to me, I don't know how my boyfriend would react to me telling him this, most guys probally think this is just the lazy way out...

35

Most Helpful Girl

• Your reasons for wanting to be a housewife are commendable. If I could afford it I'd be a housewife too for much the same reasons. I think a lot of guys prefer a girl willing to take on a more traditional role so just tell your boyfriend how you feel about it. He may feel added pressure knowing that he'll be the sole provider for you and your potential family especially if the living expenses are high where you live. But if he's really against the idea after you tell him, then you know he's not for you.

What Guys Said 5

• Wanting to be a house wife is not a bad thing, because raising a family is not easy, but you need to get finances right before doing this, and having a family needs to be on the cards to start talking about this. If your going to wait a while for kids, then wait a while until you have that talk, because being premature with your ideas can seem like a cop out sometimes, so wait until your talking about having kids to have this chat with your boyfriend,x

• If you are dating a guy who would call you lazy for wanting to stay home and care for his children and your family - is he really a guy you should be having children with?

• Yeah, I wouldn't tell him unless you are thinking marriage. Most guys won't respect it... Or want it

• You should talked to him with that.

That's not being lazy. That's really caring and more understanding as a woman.

• Obviously you know him better than us, but I think you're wrong to think that most guys would think that is a lazy way out.

Personally, I'd prefer it. And I know many guys who would want a more traditional wife role for their girlfriends.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah some guys would prefer a girl who has their own life through friends and work

but others would like having a stay at home, look after the children, prepare the meals and clean kind of girlfriend/wife.

It's what you enjoy and if he doesn't accept/support with what you want, it's best to leave him behind and lead your own life.

• lazy way out... that's pretty convenient for someone who wouldn't offer todo it in the first place.

and is he going to share family chores---cook c, clean, run errands, accounting. home repair, care for the kids--when both of you are working. start by asking him hat.