I have no sense of style. What should I do about new clothes?

In the last year or so, I've lost a lot of weight. I am now in the best shape I've been in all my life. For this reason, I want to buy a ton of new clothes that are not only attractive to the opposite sex, but are also more form-fitting, as I can now pull off wearing such clothes (not to mention the fact that most of my clothes are too big for me.

However, changing my wardrobe has proved to be a problem. I'm a horrible shopper, and I don't know what looks are stylish/attractive/sexy/etc. Naturally, I've tried asking a bunch of my female friends and relatives to help me shop for clothes. However, the only person who is willing and able to do so is my mother. While she means well and thinks she knows what's in, she's really out of touch (actually insisted several years back that bowling shirts were "in" for guys in their late teens/early 20s.) Somebody who's that out of touch can't be trusted in helping me pick out good clothes.

Since I now wear a smaller size and want to wear nicer, more physically-attractive outfits, but have no sense of style and nobody to help me shop, what should I do?

So far, the only person to answer this question asked me something good to include. I'm 5'10" and about 170lbs.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Head over to mens warehouse, the people there are generally friendly, can help you out with measurements/tailoring clothes to fit to you, and sometimes (the only times I guy stuff) they offer buy one get one free. Buy an 80 dollar shirt? Get one free. Keeps things affordable for those of us operating on a budget.

A base style that works for most occasions: Dark Jeans, button up dress shirt preferably solid color like a black or gray, light blue, etc. or you could go with stripes as well, and make sure you're not wearing sneakers. Sneakers are for working out. Get some decent stylish shoes. Something nice, because if you get low quality shoes they will kill your feet and you'll hate them. Get good quality shoes and you'll feel like you're walking on clouds haha.

It doesn't hurt to have a dinner jacket or two in case you go out somewhere nice. Also, I sometimes like to throw in white t-shirts under the dress shirts. It's nice for two reasons. First, if you sweat and have no undershirt, it's going to be visible on the dress shirt. Not a good look. Second, if it gets warm or you're out and say want to throw a football around with somebody or something, you can take off the dress shirt. You don't want to be doing physical activities in a 90 dollar shirt do you? No. So wear an undershirt when possible.

If the summer months get pretty hot, get some solid color t-shirts to replace the dress shirts in casual settings. Sometimes even a dress shirt is just a bit too much. (there are some dive bars I go to where a simple dress shirt would feel just "too" dressed up).

Like I said, go to mens warehouse. Buy one get one sales will prevent your wallet from being mauled and the staff will help with sizes/tailoring jackets to you.

What Girls Said 1

• Go to value village (It's AMAZING!) and try lots and lots of things on. Try different styles and choose from what you feel comfortable in and what you think looks good.

There's nothing hotter than a guy rocking what he's wearing and every guy is different and looks good in different things. Find what works for you :)

• I don't have access to a Value Village. And even if I did, I wouldn't know what would look good on me. Did you read when I said I know nothing about fashion?

• Well so what. If someone picks out all of your clothes you have no guarantee they're going to look good on you. Only that one person might think so. Get your own sense of fashion instead of relying on others.

What Guys Said 4

• Go on popular clothing websites and see what you like on the models. Also google some essential things every man should have in his wardrobe. Style is up to you, just make sure your clothes fit and match and all that stuff. For summer I like colored flat-front shorts, various t shirts, and boat shoes.

• Erm a little background information could be helpful here, what height and weight are you now if you don't mind me asking? A style is something someone can help you with but in order to maintain it, you must like what you are wearing and have some urge to wear it!

I'd say by things that feel and look good to you, you want to attract someone that likes how you look in the way you like to look! If your looking to re-establish your image try stores that cater for high fashion but you really can't go wrong with some nice jeans and a good tee shirt.

• Subscribe to GQ, or check out the website to see what's in.

Good places to shop that have current trends and can be found in most malls are Express, Macy's, GUESS, Hugo Boss, H&M, Urban Outfitters and American Eagle.

Even Target has a fashionable selection :/

Hope this helps, good luck, and don't be afraid to go a little out of your comfort zone with your selections.

• Well,just go to the clothing shop ,and the waiter there will help you to get cold cloths.