Is he really over me? please help

my ex and I were together 2 years he split up with me nearly 2 month ago. he told me he loved me & cared about me ( he also told me he wantd to marry me one week before we broke up) but it was for the best. 2 weeks after he kissed another girl and now he's out clubbing every weekend he's working out a lot ges gettig a new tattoo and he's been a complete jerk towards me, on the other hand I'm heartbroken! why do men act like this? I no he loved me it doesn't make sense he got drunk & kissed someine straight away! now he won't speak to me at all! help please

216

Most Helpful Guy

• Time to move on. He did and look at what it is doing to you. Now that you know, see what it does to him. If it was meant it will be, if not at least you moved on.

At 18 or so, sorry but the word "love" is thrown around too much. Not enough people mean it when they say it and say it so that they have something to say. Marriage. Should you not think about that after you get out of school and start a career. See and experience life and the world around you. Men (as well as woman) tell you that they love you but if they do not know what love is how can they say that they love you?

It sounds as if he is driving you crazy. Maybe he wasn't ready to MARRY as you/he thought. His actions sure sound like someone enjoying life, single or otherwise.

Carry on, date anyone/everyone. Date a guy, a girl, a three way date (date does not mean sex) have fun live life. Hop a plane, ferry, puddle jumper, train, bus - whatever and go to a town/city center near you but far enough away that you won't bump into him or friends. Enjoy the fresh start, even if it is for only the night. Be a tourist in your own backyard. LIVE LIFE!

What Guys Said 15

• Yes, he's over you. It's more than obvious. If he still cared about about you, even a tiny bit, he wouldn't be doing these things. The kissing another girl, even if drunk, pretty much gives it away.

You need to move on. Forget about him. I know it'll be hard and it always is when you've been with someone you love so much for so long (yes, two years is a long time). And the fact y'all planned on getting married makes things much more harder.

Just be strong. You can do it.

• He's either over you and he's out living it up, he's over you and wants to make you jealous because he's a jerk, or he's not over you and is wanting to make you jealous so you come back to him and it boosts his ego and you're his on his terms. It's driving you crazy, and that may just be exactly what he wants.

• He sounds like a jerk, avoid him and don't give him the satisfaction of you being heartbroken, have no contact whatsoever that includes deleting phone numbers Facebook etc, there is no turning back now babe, move on, ask yourself would you take back such a jerk? Who treat you this way? If the answers yes then you are not thinking straight and emotions are clouding your judgement, as others have suggested it sounds like he has some sick sense of humor making you feel like sh*t, don't let him, if he doesn't appreciate you someone else will. But it doesn't sound like you have let go yet, realize it and let go! Your only tormenting yourself and although you can't be blamed for him dumping you, you are to be blamed if you let him still affect your life after breaking up.

• Move on.

• first of all its not all men that do that some of them do

its hard to say but my guess is not really

• It looks like he's making a big show of being over you, but isn't entirely over you. He's being a jerk. The best thing you can do is try to ignore what he does and not give him the satisfaction of knowing that you're not happy.

• U shold get over him when my girlfriend broke up with me I balled my eyes out you are a pretty girl you can do better :)

• he's moved on, get the f*** over it. you're whining when you should be clubbing, getting a new tattoo and kissing guys. -_-

pfft, women... when will they learn.

• you don't want to be with a guy like that. he was probable thinking marriage will end his crazy lifestyle,

• Yea, it really sounds like he's over you. Sorry.

• Tattoos are a sign of low self-esteem. Coupled with him working out a lot means he is trying to improve himself and makeup for some deficiency.

Anyways, move on. You don't need someone who acts like a child. Simple as that.

Probably has "grass is greener syndrome" and there is no reason to wait around for it to end.

Stop thinking about him, delete his number, block him on FB, and go out and met BETTER guys on your own.

• I don't know but could you be any cuter?

• You apparently broke his heart. How is he supposed to act? Are you expecting him to beg you to take him back? He's moved on.

• Maybe he fell out of love, and some men like that, are very charismatic, and good at acting like they love someone, if he showed no emotion at all, he probably didn't love you, unless he's emotionally numb from something in his life at the moment, if he fell out of love with you, he would have at least been nice, and sympathetic when breaking up, because he once loved you.

And maybe he just doesn't know what he really wants, I don't know why he would ignore you, unless he got whatever he wanted, hope he gives you some closure.

• When men break up we don't have a good support system, that we can go to and talk about our feelings. We are instead given advice to go out and meet other women. So If a guy is in a lot of pain and has nowhere to turn, he often embraces the party lifestyle, in an effort to dull the pain.

Men also mask our pain with anger. In the minds of most men having hurt feelings = weakness. If we are weak, then we feel like a failure as a man. Just as women have a fear of being seen as slutty, men have a fear of being seen as weak. So we get angry to the point, we are no longer aware of our own pain. This ultimately keeps us from dealing with our pain in a healthy way.

Women often mistake men, for moving on faster. Research has actually shown that it takes men longer to move on, because we lack the support system that women have, and end up self destructing the way your ex is.

• Self destructing? How do you figure. He is young, he got a Tattoo, went out drinking and kissed another girl that was not HER. That is typical behavior for a young, alive, vibrant young man between 18-24 (and sometimes older) college students and military. Are you implying that I was self destructing the first time I got drunk - a tattoo - and kissed a strange female? I was after all sitting in a burning oil field in a sand pit in 1990 (Desert Shield / Desert Storm)

• It is not healthy behavior to move on so quickly. The speed at which he is moving, so soon after breaking up, and the hostility he still has toward her, are strong indicators that there is more going on here. If he had truly moved on, he wouldn't still have such strong anger toward her.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm sorry but there are guys on here who are saying that you are not cute. I think you are cute you just need bangs for your face type.

• You've been asking the same questions since he left you. He's still not talking to you, he's getting tattoos, he's going out partying, he's hooking up with other women . . . if he isn't over you yet, he sure is working on it. There is no helping here. If he won't talk to you, and you keep trying to get a hold of him, you are only going to piss him off and push him further away from you. Quit obssessing and worry about yourself for a bit. What he does is not your business anymore. Plus, someone who ACTUALLY wants to marry you, doesn't leave you the week after they say that.