I'm obsessed with this guy; what should I do?

I really like this guy, but I really CAN'T ask him out. He's only 2 years older than I am, but people seem to think that is too much of a gap. But, before anyone says I shouldn't care what others think, there are three major problems that I see. 1. He has a girlfriend. 2. He's moving to California next year, and the biggest one 3. He's technically my coach. He graduated 2 years ago, so I knew him before he was my coach. He's so ridiculously good at all sports, it's crazy, and he's really nice. I get excited whenever he says my name, even if it's just to tell me to do something. What can I do? I'm completely obsessed with him, but he doesn't have any idea. He's only 2 years older, but he's my coach, so I can't even be friends on face-book with him.

I should also say that I live in New Hampshire, so California is far away, as opposed to if I lived in, say, Nevada.

So, my question is: What should I do?

I already knew that it wouldn't work out, so I guess my real question is how to get over him and get through the rest of the season without doing or saying something incredibly stupid. And, as to the 'find another guy' idea...well...I've never been good with boys, besides, most of the non-jerk guys in my school are alreday taken. Still, thanks to you who tried to answer my obscure question.

11

What Guys Said 1

• You should just find another guy.

It will never work out between the two of you since he has a girlfriend already.

What Girls Said 1

• There are way too many obstacles in the way. Simply move on to someone else. It will not work.

• Once he moves away it will become easier. Out of sight, out of mind.

• He's not moving away until the end of the year, though, so I still have to be around him for the rest of the season.