Guys: how do you feel about the way women view your gender?

It's no secret that females tend to view the male gender less favorably than vice versa. While plenty of women don't feel this way, it's still not enough to change the way the more negative view has impacted society's thinking. Some people feel that females are justified in harboring hostility or dislike towards males/maleness. But what do you think?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• For those who have asked for clarification on the treatment men (and I also added one industry) have received at the hands of women because they "cannot believe" women treat men poorly or act unjustly within the modern day feminist agenda. Allow me to enlighten you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MVyQNNFobAhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYyGTmcP80https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQwqepW97zshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6p5AZp7r_Q

The bottom line is two fold (in terms of my stance on this subject).

1) I treat everyone with respect until they do not deserve it. In other words, I can care less about an individuals gender or racial background but am not going to comply with some ridiculous PC agenda just because minority agenda feels I should jump on the train. People should be gauged and treated by who they are and their actions. That said, when a woman makes a comment like "so i think if a women has hostility towards men, 9/10 times its totally justified" (shewolf16) it is important to call out just how unfathomably unintelligent and foolish she looks due to it. Simply stated, the women who want to blame all men for all the issues they are dealing with/or have dealt with are people I tend to avoid so not to embarrass them.

2) I actually fully support women and women's rights but what I don't support is a "plus one" situation where some feel equality is not enough and they make it their desire to take exception and issue with every single thing in both society and other peoples right to have an opinion. Basically stated, like I said I fully agree with equality but I would never join any feminist movement because I see them as radical groups. The problem is that in many of the cases (of those specific few women) you are either "with them or against them."

I highly suggest the men and women who read this stop worrying about what that small minority (who is simply loud and typically obnoxious thus creating an illusion that they are "powerful") thinks or does and focus on self improvement, treating people with respect unless otherwise earned & not convincing yourself falling into agenda laden traps.

6|7
    2|0
    • You make some EXCELLENT points, man. Especially with how you knocked shewolf16. I still think it's sad that most guys really don't give a shit about how they're viewed. In one sense, it's not a bad idea, but too much indifference can be an illness: it leads to being blind to abuse, to the point where when it's serious, you just won't care. Just like in cases of females raping males or sexually harassing them at work. When it gets reported most people think it's a joke, that the guy was really digging it cuz he's a guy, or just made it up.

I agree that we shouldn't worry so much about what androphobes think, but it's still just as dangerous to ignore misandry altogether.

• Show All
    • I didn't say "women treat men badly" in a singular statement. I used examples (and can provide many more) to show that both genders have those within their group that are horrible examples to the rest. That should be fairly obvious for anyone of even the slightest intellectual level to discern by my statements.

As far as your excuse that it would be "fair/even" based on a history. That is simply too simple for me to obliterate and embarrass you for so I will leave the chance to others to do so if they wish. Your attitude and direction is not only going to make your life miserable but also will inevitably harm other women in the process. You can deny this and you can make excuses but the chances of both taking place are monumental in scale. My post was honest, equal minded & provided a factual basis for honest and direct dialogue and you discarded those facets for your own agenda which speaks volumes about not only your personal character but your life in general.

• EXACTLY. This was the whole point of my question. Awsdrd proved exactly what I was saying: women view men disparagingly because they feel it's deserved based on women being "mistreated" for ages. Yet all these girls are trying to deny it yet justify it at the same time!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 20

• Guys: how do you feel about the way women view your gender?
    I imagine most guys don't care.

"It's no secret that females tend to view the male gender less favorably than vice versa. "
    It seems more like that's your opinion. I doubt gals view guys more unfavorably than gals view guys considering guys don't have a history of oppression. Nor is there a commonplace norm to use a derogatory insult interchangeably for the general male population like b*tch is commonly use to refer to women in general.

It seems we've had very different observations of America. In my opinion the only way you could have such a view is that you're completely unaware of movements like Anti-American Women, MGTOW, and Foreign Women Are Better. Movements that tend to view the female gender extremely unfavorably. Movements that do not seem to have a female equivalent that is as common.

It really seems we've had very different observations of GAG as I find a lot of questions are rants about how awful women are. I haven't see that frequency in gals. It seems gals complain about how a guy is while guys complain about how awful gals are.

4|1
    1|6
    • That is because people are told from a very early age that males and females are extremely different and thus generate a key point for conceptual thinking, stereotyping and dehumanization.

• Show All
    • @blondfrog
      I didn't say you were arguing with me about how bitch is used to refer to women.

I did say you changed your story from 'douchebag is used to refer to a male' to 'douchebag is used to refer to the whole general male population'. And I repeatedly showed you how.

• @blondfrog
      Do you get I never said every male population in every country users bitch to refer to women? You're disagreeing with something I never said.

Do you get I'm not saying you were arguing with me about how bitch is used to refer to women?

Do you get I'm saying you changed your story is because:
      - You said douchebag is an insult used on a guy
      - I repeatedly told I'm not talking about 'insulting a guy'. I'm talking about 'an insult used to refer to the male population'.
      - You still say douchebag is an insult used on a guy and it's used a lot
      - I asked if you understood what I'm talking about. I told you what you'd have to say to give an example of what I'm talking about.
      - You said you understood

Now you changed your story to the example I said. It went from 'douchebag is used to refer to a male' to 'douchebag is used to refer to the whole general male population'. You say it's what you meant you just didn't understand when you said you did.

• "[...] females tend to view the male gender less favorably than vice versa."

From a male point of view, this might be true. From a female point of view, the exact opposite might be true. From an objective point of view, both might be true. Or both might be false.

What I personally find to be true though, is that generalizing either gender is never a smart thing to do.

5|2
    0|3
    • There are negative views of women from men, no doubt. I never said there wasn't, my point is that it's much more common in our culture for men to be viewed negatively than it is for women. When you say anything controversial about them, you get crap. When they do it, most people don't give a shit.

"What I personally find to be true though, is that generalizing either gender is never a smart thing to do." - I always find responses like this funny because no one ever says how dangerous generalizing is when it's done to men.

• Show All
    • I use much objective observation.

You'll find out.

• Cool, bro.

• I think most women's complaints about men are soley based on male sexuality. Like really, 99% of it and how they are furious about how some men (those that give other men a bad name) are willing to humiliate, emotionally hurt women, and use/dispose them just to get sex because they have a hard time prioritizing them as people. Which is exactly half the reason for feminism.

4|3
    0|3
    • You speak of the diminishment of the feminine principle. I really like your comment. Well stated dominiquios.

• Show All
    • "they have a hard time prioritizing them as people. Which is exactly half the reason for feminism."

And, the exact qualification for BEING a feminist.

• Lol, yep, it's sad.

• "I hate how men only want pussy, won't take no for an answer, etc etc."

Well, guess what ladies. That's how men are. Just because you're going to complain about it does NOT mean it's going to change anything. Yeah, it's unfavorable for you. Yeah, it can come across as misogynistic. But hey, here's an idea. Find a guy who ISN'T all about that behavior.

I feel like too many women say "Men suck, woman power" because their relationships have not ended the way the woman wants them to. It's the exact same thing as a man saying "Women suck, men are better." HOWEVER, why is a woman empowered when she says she says men suck, but a man is deemed as an asshole when he says the same thing about women?

So, in short, I agree with the Asker.

2|8
    5|0
    • Both women and men are equally retarded.

Also, femenism isn't about male-bashing: it's about equality and working together. And, hopefully, avoiding stereotypes without due cause.

Men are biologically engineered to fuck as many women as possible; just as women are biologically engineered to find the best possible male which is attractive and can provide for offspring (adding the second half of the story--which can also be viewed in a negative light).

Restraint is what you'll want to look for if you don't want a sex hound.

• Show All
    • I do have to clarify something though, with Miss Awsdrd1990... you say that women are deemed as sluts while men are players. Do you HONESTLY think being a player is a good thing? If a man is known to go around with many women, you sure can bet I'll staying the hell away from him. Soooo.

• You just hit the female equivalent of an Uncle Tom topknots. Talking to the enemy is a serious crime to those with agenda's and especially have an open rhetoric with someone such as myself who isn't on her side makes you even worse. Better be careful, they may send you a mean letter and yell really loudly.

All BS aside, she's just blubbering.

• I'll stop being skeptical of men when they stop beating their chests and yelling about getting pussy all the time. There are good ones out there, but I'll make sure they're decent before entertaining the idea of spending time with them.

3|2
    2|7
    • So in other words, you'd rather be biased and ignorantly view men as all one thing, yet would hate it if they did it to you. Yep, that's logic for a woman.

• Show All
    • She shouldn't, but I think a man should definitely.

• Like I said, I was comparing the logic. Not generalizing. A racist person can also say "Why are you allowed to generalize what *given race* do in spite of not being a *given race*." You don't represent all women. I have a sister and many cousins and they have rarely ever experienced situations where they were harassed by men in public. All happened to be raised in really good areas. When they do experience something which is rare, they are quite open to me about it and mention it.

And I never said race dictates crime. I'm just going by how the society stereotypes about different races and giving an example. Personally, when I was little, I grew up in an all-white area and there was rarely a day when I wasn't discriminated by both white men and women alike. Later, I moved to a much more diverse area so the chances of me being harassed was almost eliminated.

• I would say this goes both ways as it should. Some people own that bad reputation and others work hard to change that perception. Who wouldn't feel like shit being lumped in with people you yourself would like to beat up.

3|2
    0|2
    • Men in general don't view women in general as bad or likely to be bad based on what some women have done, whereas more women tend to feel negatively about males based on "years of oppression" or what some guys have done to some women.

• Show All
    • I don't care what gender, color, race etc. you are, making general accusations discredits anything you say thereafter.

• I strongly disagree with your first sentence. Sure some women see men negatively though that is often entirely based on sexuality. I do think in general men view women far more negatively and that's based their character and even nature as a whole.
    I mean how often do you hear guys here complaining about how all women are selfish, unattractive, bitchy, emotional, can't think logical, are unfair and have nothing to bring to a relationship at all and therefore have no value to them at all. And that's not to mention all the sexist remarks about how we should go back to the kitchen or shouldn't be able to vote, because you know we can't think reasonably the way men do. Especially if you try to run for a position of power

It's rare to you hear women talk so bad about men as a whole. And if they do loads of men will jump up and scream "not all men are like that and damn feminist" while as woman you're already so used to getting hostility that you don't even care enough to say something anymore. I really don't know what you refer to in your question?

3|0
    0|2
  • I have to say some of us really don't know a thing about the male gender. We listen and memorise the society's mantra that all men are out to take advantage of women and that you should beware of men, because they only see you as a sexual object and couldn't possibly care about you as individuals. As someone that hasn't really interacted much with the opposite sex over the year, I have to say this is a quite dangerous and unfair notion. As you all said, there are just decent mature human beings and some that still need to learn a lot from this life (I do hope some of them lear their lesson), both men and women. Now that I have met my SO my view of men has drastically changed. You can thank him for being the most caring, considerate, but of course not perfect (and I like him that way because I am nowhere near perfect as well) HUMAN BEING in the whole sense of the word I have ever met. So my conclusion is GOOD people RULE!!! XD PEACE

2|4
    0|0
  • When I meet someone for the first time I like to think of them as a person and not identify them to their gender (which brings about gender roles, sterotypes, nonsense typically)
    If people saw people as people and not people with two different types of genitals things would be easier. In the end it's all about empathy and respect.

2|3
    0|1
  • females harbor hostility towards men often because they are mistreated and put down by them. men are viewed favorably over women in society. so i think if a women has hostility towards men, 9/10 times its totally justified

3|0
    3|14
    • 9/10 times? Wow...

• Show All
    • Please explain this "whole other level" that cat calls and slut shaming have progressed to.
      okay i will. I go to highschool. where slut shaming happens everyday. I've seen girls bullied to the point where they cut themeselves, i've seen boys put out nude pictures of girls who thought they were in a trusted relationship, I've even known of a girl who killed herself for the way people were talking about her and calling her a slut.
      as for cat calling I've personally have been threatened before to get into a car. I've been harassed and called terrible things for ignoring cat calls. I've been followed before.
      and i know these things don't happen all the time but they do happen more often than you'd think. so yes it is a big deal.

• "how come when a women says hostility is justified, men are so quick to take the offensive and put down women instead of asking them why they see it that way? instead of hearing them out."
      i wasn't being a victim i was just pointing this out. it's true. i've seen multiple girls be attacked for saying their opinions on things like this.

• For some reason Louis CK comes to mind.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGgS5GVCZwI

3|1
    0|1
  • We don't view you negatively. We are just picky is all...

4|0
    0|3
    • So you're viewing them negatively and using a different word to feel less bad about it, okay :P

• Yeah girl, picky is viewing most men as negative. Mesonfielde has a point haha.

• yeah, well use whatever word guys, i still don't feel bad about it. i would like to direct your attention to read shewolf16's opinion.

• I think the whole feminist movement is based on women's bad past with males. Before the women movement, women were treated as the minority. Yes feminism still exist but I honestly don't think having another movement and complaining will help. Honestly there is poverty and other issues at hand. Woman's movement already fought for our freedom now the only thing left for us to do is prove that females are equal and women as an individual can do this. First every guy doesn't treat females as less than human. Complaining and arguing gets nowhere. I have seen females get downgraded in jobs because they are a females they didn't complain to the boss or fight they just proved to the person through working hard that they are equal. And not every female agrees with all of what feminist are fighting for. Arguing to the government will not change the opinions of the people against female equality neither will it force them to treat women as an equal.

0|0
    2|0
  • I'm definitely a feminist but I don't think I'm rude to men at all. I just believe in equality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not view the male gender less favorably, it's the opposite if anything

1|3
    1|1
  • Switch the question shale how men see women?

I mean listen I don't enjoy hanging out with my girlfriends and having a man walk up an asking for our numbers or flirting even after we tell him we are not looking. From the men I've seen talked to they dont seem ti get think with your brain now some do and those are the types women like. We are not impressed by your ability to think with your dick.
    I get on dating sites and 4 out or five messages are about how they want to have sex with me. My profile picture is of me and my son. And i guess they either can read or they dont understand no. So why is it men see us as all sluts and bitches? Some of us are hard working people. I find it funny you state that females have issues with men well if half of the population of you werent sex craving monsters we wouldn't have an issue in the first place the human race is goin to hate one another and sex was ment for breeding not playing so open your eyes and see how your question is stupid and pointless because men are the same way and some times worse.

3|1
    2|3
    • Your answer is bullshit. It's still just a way to get around seeing the truth and justifying exactly what I said of why women view men negatively. Consider what men must go through when we're objectified by women because we either have money, status, or even looks. Women deny it, but it's still a fact of life. Women will want to use us. They search us out online and message the first man they see who is well-dressed. They cozy up to us at parties. In school. Then when they're done they have to figure out how to screw us over so they can legally have everything from our kids to our cash, while we're left broken. I get tired of hearing women complaining about how evil men are and not thinking shit about how they're own gender hurts us.

• I hate women who bash men, it's so irritating. I usually end up telling them "look, just because YOU can't meet a decent man, doesn't mean they're all bad, if you always attract trash, sorry hon, but you need to look at yourself and ask yourself why"
    I've never met a shitty guy. And I'm sure lots of those man bashing women love their dads, so do they think their dad is the only good man in the entire world.
    For guys, if a woman constantly bashes men, run a mile, there is a reason all her past relationships were shit.

4|10
    0|1
  • How do females view the male gender? Or how do men assume women view the male gender?

Based on your responses I'd say you believe most if not all women think badly of men in general.
    I don't think that's entirely true though, it's more that women today are more cautious of men in general. Because you can't tell the good from the bad, you can't tell just by looking at someone if they're a nice guy, a slutty jerk or a homicidal maniac. So we assume maybe the worst, until proven wrong. I mean, we live in a culture where slut shaming is a thing. Where women are responsible for their relationships and experiences (I think it comes from that old stereotype of women being the gatekeepers of sex), and so if you get screwed over by an insensitive jerk well, you should have known better. And no-one wants to get hurt, so the defenses go up. It's nothing personal, it's not even a general concept of masculinity.. It's self preservation from that maybe 10% of guys who hurt women. If guys want to change that, then start shaming those douche bags behavior and make it uncool to be a player.

There are stereotypes though, if that's what you mean, like all men are dogs or they can't multitask, etc... But those are just stereotypes, and there are just as many of those for women as there are men... all women are gold-diggers, obsessed with shopping, she's a cold bitch, feminist (not in the actual sense of the word, but the caricature man hater).

1|1
    0|1
    • It's a pretty well-known fact that women in general tend to view men negatively, not how men "assume" women view us. You can test this fact with just about anything, especially through social networking. Say some shit about guys and you'll even have guys coming out to support their gender being abused. Even in the media, it's acceptible to praise females but sexist to credit men with anything solely positive and exclusive to their gender.

• Show All
    • All kinds of things are said about guys here in America. Just disparaging views of male thinking, behavior, etc. Yet if you do it vice versa many, many people will come out to tell you how unfair you're being, how you're "generalizing" women, or that you're even a sexist. And they deny it.

• Just saw and read med11's clips, i mean that's intense to put it mildly... We definitely don't have that here. Sorry, i guess though the only thing to do is a) not give the crazies any more attention than necessary, b) educate people on equality earlier on c) move to a different country.

• Is this true? A lot of GAG rants are about how awful women are.

5|1
    0|3
    • You're basing what you know solely off GAG. What I do know about here - and other places - is that women talk sh! t about men all the time and most people agree with it.

• she's so right. so many of the men on here bitch about how bad women are to men, without seeing why women act this way. they fail to see that they are, in a way, oppressors of women. They set the rules of society. Also you can't really compare the struggles of being a man and the struggles of being a women. Women just have it harder and are trying to change that. So when men act like they have it worse, and complain about how mean women are its just annoying.

What Guys Said 40

• Misandry (hatred of men) used to really burn me up. That was until my Mother laughed at me and said, "Oh Robert, don't be so silly. Of course TV shows make fun of men like that. It's because you're men and you can take it."

Somewhere in her comment I realized two things...

1) It's a huge waste of energy looking to be upset about the silly opinions of others, or of society. For some reason I was hyper sensitive in a way that was making me take such misandry personally. Which is silly. The world is too big and busy to trying to hurt me personally. Nor are TV writers trying to hurt men personally.

The world is filled with injured people trying to injure others in order to feel better about themselves. It's the positive happy people that learn to avoid and ignore such energy draining arguments. And I don't me you specifically ( the guy asking this question ) I mean "men" and "women" in general.

2) There's power and pride to be gained when challenged with a negative comment or vibe or attack. Because the obstacle IS the way. Being a "man" or a "woman" with self esteem and confidence actually COMES from a lifetime of challenges and battles. So even if some "females tend to view the male gender less favourably" it's more of an opportunity for growth than a reason to sulk or grumble or battle.

Know what I mean?

Those who are racist or sexist or ignorant are really just growth opportunities. An opportunity to test one's own inner confidence and a chance to share a positive insight to someone who doesn't know any better.

It's healthy to question everything, especially within our own deepest belief systems.

:D

~ Robby

1|2
    0|1
  • I feel that because woman have been put down so many times in the past that they can't get over it, they have fought for equality and have got it, and that's awesome I'm all for it myself but there all still stuck in it that now there becoming like the ignorant men that use to rule the world. They keep asking or more and more an it's gonna bite you in the ass. My option right now we are all equal so girls need to stop hating men

2|2
    2|1
    • I totally agree with this, but have a little disagreement in what you said about us having equality. For the most part we are very equal, however the biggest issue in that is despite the outward picture of equality women get paid less than men, TO THIS DAY. Which I find shocking beyond belief. But in no way do I hate men.

• You know that really bothers me. There are women in other countries who can't even show their faces and all you care about is gaining a few quarters more. How is that feminism anymore honestly? There are more important things to fight about like female genital mutilation, etc.

• How women and man view each other is never going to change. I don't care about the women, who view men negatively, thats their problem, not mine. Its not my job to go out in this world to go round changing peoples opinion for the better.

If you want or she wants to go round viewing the opposite sex in a bad light, well I say let them get on with it, cause there the ones missing out on something that could so great and wonderful, but instead they want to live a life of misery and full bad thoughts. Whatever you think, you will find or become. if a girl thinks men are all bad, then she do absolutely everything to prove herself right, by going out looking for those bad men.

Its no different, if you think you are good fighter, and going round looking for fights, one day, you will meet someone you might just beat you up.

At end of the day life doesn't owe you nothing. You owe this this world your talent, and beauty. They are living like victims, thinking the opposite sex owes them a great life, when in fact, they don;t.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind. I could care less. I give each and every female the opportunity to show me who she really is, regardless of any stigmas surrounding the genders. This kind of thing is only surface deep. You've got to be willing to turn the other cheek if you want to find out what is truly on the inside.

2|0
    0|1
  • It is what it is... they will have their views but youve gotta remember that you are an individual and not all men can be put in the same category. Which is why I dont get offended if a woman says all men are dick heads..

0|1
    1|0
  • Normal women don't hate men. Most women I meet and know in day to day life don't hate men. I only see them on the internet. Feminazis, brainwashed dumb cunts who believe in patriarchy theory and rape culture and all that bollocks, and unattractive women who are just bitter towards men because they don't attract decent men... Who cares what they think?

1|3
    0|0
  • It has not affected me in any way noticeable, so I've thus given it no thought until just now.

And honestly, now that I am giving it some of my attention, I still don't care. If the majority, or influencing minority choose to label me and my gender in a specific way, so be it. A low bar simply makes it that much easier to exceed expectations. In this way it betters my quality of life rather then lowers it.

Male and proud.

1|1
    0|0
  • Honestly man it depends who you ask. I have two GAGer's names right now, both female, in my head (but I don't like calling names out in opinions) who I can think of as perfect examples of giving a misandrist opinion and a philandrist opinion.

I was once concerned that the misandrists outnumbered, in some kind of mystically statistical sense, the philandrists on the other side of the spectrum. As it turns out, the man haters were just louder, and many of them also got to do it through invocation of various smoke and mirrors tricks within the confines of the feminist movement. But as it turns out, our admiring female optimists, while not screaming into megaphones like their respective detractors, seem just as numerous to me.

The bulk of this answer has focused on the two extremes, but of course I believe a nice bell curve of everything in the middle exists too. Overall, I think women have a relatively balanced range of views of us.

1|1
    1|0
  • Many gender stereotypes are bad and ill informed. (Some people feel that males are justified in harboring hostility or dislike towards females/feminity)
    Each gender and person has to fight these stereotypes, by proving the contrary instead of perpetuating them: not all men are violent manwhores ( many are NOT) but in our society as well violence as playing women are seen as positive male qualities. Dominance and conquering women are considered qualities of the mythical 'alpha male'.
    Since many girls had a dad trying to conform to that image, many girls expect it from a 'real man' (their dad is their idea of the 'real man' because it was THE man they knew when learning all about the world.) That's the REAL problem: daddy issues.
    Hence the hostility towards males : it's easier to revolt against 'all men' than to revolt against daddy.
    Hostility towards guys but longing to be submissive to a 'Man'... Humans have complex minds.

And it goes wrong in BOTH directions, with men thinking in stereotypes about women too.
    If only ALL fathers AND mothers could be more intelligent during a few generations...
    But i'm afraid I'm asking to much there.

1|1
    0|1
  • It's not about gender. It's about the individual. Be awesome or gtfo. Same for both genders.

7|3
    0|1
  • I try not to think about it, because it makes me fall into a pit of rage. In reality 'how women view my gender' has exceptionally little impact on how women interact with me as an individual, so I try not to think about it.

I will generally say though, that I hear -very- often that women shouldn't be viewed as anything but individuals, and I hear -very-often that 'men' do some thing or 'men' treat women some way or 'men' need do to XYZ differently. To some extent this may reflect a division between different schools of feminism, but to a large extent, I think there's overlap in who is pushing these views.

1|2
    0|0
    • You probably notice only the "men" generalization then but don't notice the "women" one. This happens all the time. People don't grow out of the gender segregation that occurs from the ages of 3 to 6.

• Interesting, kheserthorpe.

• I will also add, the less I've clung to thinking women and men are exactly the same, for a while, it was more a source of anger for me, but now? I like women -better- then I ever did. I maybe like men better too. And I don't expect or require everyone to conform to tendencies of their gender. But I'm not -surprised- when people do, or disappointed in them.

• Women do not feel hostility toward all males, but to the way male have treated women in the past or present.

Women do not appreciate being treated poorly, or as a second class human. Just like black people don't like the way many whites treated them in the past or treats them today for that matter.

Women have though history been treated disrespectfully, and been oppressed heavily in the west, and still are in most parts of the world today. No wonder if many women have strong feelings about beaing treated badly.

3|1
    0|2
    • But the way "males have treated women in the past or present" is still used by women to judge all men and justify why they have disparaging attitudes about them.

• Only if you by women really mean feminists.

• It is interesting that we are so prone to make generalizations regarding biological sex and its "effects" when basically every human is different so every human should be assessed based on their own principles and behavior. But it's easier to say "I hate all men because all men are lying cheating scumbags" than just grow some empathy and not be an ignorant douchebag.

3|1
    0|1
    • it's also easier to say "I hate all men because all men are lying cheating scumbags" than
      "I hate all men because daddy hit me and cheated on mom" than get beyond the daddy image.
      Children are educated to respect even the parents who merit no respect.

• Actually, I see men and women as being more different NOW than I did 15 years ago.

I think the attempts to treat boys and girls identically have been a mistake, and when push comes to shove, people still suddenly demand men act like 'men'. Which nowadays, comes as a huge shock to boys who were raised to simply be 'people'.

It also crushes them in dating. Men seem to find gender-free but physically attractive women fairly desirable. Women's attraction to men is more based on personality (and I don't mean being nice, or a jerk). Men who don't have good masculine qualities will tend to be either treated as a friend, or dated by women who don't want sex.

• I'm eagerly waiting for the moment to disprove that claim.

• I don't know where you're getting this from. I've never thought of it and its simply never come up. Sorry you have to wade through bullshit like that

1|1
    0|1
    • Dude, I'm not blind, and neither are you.

• Show All
    • I mean we're programmed to be ready to notice it and attack any male with an opinion that society will call a "misogynist."

• Most of those opinions are actually misogynistic. I think you were biased and looking for a specific answer before you even asked the question. If it's true to a degree then you should speak your mind justly and not just accuse people (exactly what you're accusing others for).

Im glad you picked the right answer as most helpful, although I thought it was ridiculously obvious. However I don't think you chose it for the right reason, so it was merely a coincidence that the right answer happened to fall within the same lines of the answer you were looking for.

These are only thoughts and opinions on the matter that I BELIEVE is true. So you saying "We ARE programmed" just cause you believe it doesn't instantly make it so for everyone else.

"It's no secret that females tend to view the male gender less favorably than vice versa" apperantly is a secret, cause we've seen no hard evidence for you to back this shit up

• Idc as long as she's not generalizing us all. There are some pretty bad dudes out there, so I don't blame them, just don't assume I'm an asshole just cause a lot of other guys are assholes, we're good.

2|1
    0|1
  • I don't think that women view the male gender any more negatively or positively than the male gender does women. I mean, there's people in both camps that irrationally generalize the other.

3|1
    0|1
    • I'd like to believe that any kind of sex-based generalization can be deemed as irrational :D

• My view: No matter their view, men are still lining up at the door.

It really doesn't make a difference to me, in the end the result is the same.

1|0
    1|1
  • Yeah I agree with most of what you said and let me also add a couple things to that women have way too many expectations from men especially materialistically sure its all fun and games when its boy and girl and even then the girl expects him to have some time of social status similar to hers or a high one. But it gets worse for men than women when it comes to expectations the woman expects the grown male to be able to support her with a house other wise eventually the relationship will get hectic okay that's fine a house is really important then she expects him to have a car, money to be able to support her and himself along with being physically attractive to her that is a huge bargain if you ask me. Still at the end of the day though I wouldn't say I favor the female gender less favorably both genders have their big pros and big cons at the end of the day it's how lucky you are in life and how hard you are willing to work to make life set sail as smooth as possible.

1|1
    1|0
  • I do not care how women view me or males in general. I will still do my best to treat women with respect and kindness. I can not make people change or worry about what they do, but I can better myself and be a better person for others and society.

3|0
    0|0
  • You must live in a Liberal state because women in Idaho don't give a shit what you do, you need to quit thinking about how people view you, it's a waste of time.

1|1
    0|1
  • There does seem to be a barrage in our culture against things that are manly. Look at our sitcoms and commercials. Guys acting like guys are played off as a joke, or as villainous.

1|1
    1|0
  • I could honestly give less of a fuck. Male, female, we're all fucking ridiculous. There's equality for you.

0|1
    0|0
  • I know that there has been a lot of discussion about man-woman relations and our cultural atmosphere. The hashtag campaign #YesAllWomen has been rather enlightening for a lot of the male world.

I'm a feminist myself and understand where a lot of women are coming from and believe in their campaign. Sure, there are some militant, misandrist pigs out there, thinking that all men are slavering, hormone-led, dull-minded dogs who should be castrated... but just as such men are bad examples of all men in general, so are these ladies of the rest of the female population.

Cultural narrative has conditioned men and women to believe they're "supposed" to be a certain way, and millions and millions buy into it. I believe people should treat other people as people and equals, instead of just a means to an end. I understand women's fear and dislike of men, and I hope to do all I can to try and be a good influence towards my fellow men and maybe influence some women's hostile views too :)

1|0
    0|1
  • I don't really give a f*ck what anybody thinks of me really.

Anyways, guy or girl doesn't matter, I hate all people equally. That's true equality for you, equal apathy towards everyone.

0|1
    0|0
  • "No, no, no, no I want everyone to take a good look at this right now. because this right here, right now is exactly why falling in love is so goddamn hard!"- Will smith

look some women will love you, some will adore you, some will admire, while others will forget you, hate you, resent you. forget about generalizations and being bitter over a woman or 2 that have treated you unkindly. continue living your life and I promise you that the right one will come into your life and you two will be happy for the rest of your life. if you stop believing this then you invite the opportunity of it hapening in your life right out the window.

the 4 magic L's to a wonderful life:
    live, love, laugh, and learn.

1|0
    0|2
  • I think it's good old fashioned projection... finding fault in others to disguise one's own...

Big enemy to the feminists... testosterone... Real enemy, estrogen. While testo might be culpable for outburst such as bar fights and groping, estrogen filters out most cognitive function in women for about 30 years.

Another big enemy to the femmies... male ego... Real villain, the female ego. While the male plays fair, strutting about and pontificating, the female turns it into a manipulative behavior disorder, most prominently displayed by the compulsion to have the last word, whether she is dumped, or more commonly, when she does the dumping and the guy just doesn't give a shit.

0|1
    2|0
  • I'm a Human, she's human. when she has a problem with me being human then she shall fuck of

0|2
    0|0
  • People can only go by their experience. There are women who over all bash mean and those who don't over all and vice versa. I have heard women say that all men are trash, a**holes, jerks etc. I have also heard mean call women b**ches, sluts, whore etc. Usually the ones who do the bashing are single, divorced, in a crappy relationship or marriage. There are women who do believe there are nice men in this world and vice versa. Normally but not always the way a woman acts will determine the type of men she attracts and vice versa.

1|1
    0|0
  • Oh... This question is just asking for there to be arguments...

1|0
    0|1
  • i don't care even i think negative about many men

3|2
    1|2
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes