+1 y

How can I change my self belief so I can become a better, stronger person?

Confidence, self esteem and self worth all boil down to knowing who you are and believing in yourself and your views, values and actions.

I want to believe in myself. I want to believe in myself to the point where i can walk into a room and not be worried about whether people like me or not, but rather whether i'll like them. I find myself constantly apologizing for who i am, justifying my actions to others, and making excuses for the mistakes I make. I can't hold a conversation with someone about something without watching my own opinions changing somehow to match theirs. I find it difficult to say no, because i don't believe in my own ability to do so, or because i'm afraid I'll chase them out of my life. I try to get people to like me, because i don't believe i'll find someone else who'll accept me for who i am, which causes me to act different to who i truly am. This lack of self-belief affects my confidence and my happiness because i'm often settling for less because i don't believe in my ability to get what it is i truly want. Even though I know I'm good enough and i constantly tell myself that, but i don't "feel" it. I don't truly believe it, and I still doubt the things i do or say. I still doubt myself.

How do i change that? How can i start believing in myself and start moving towards being the type of person who no longer cares what others think of him, because he authentically believes in himself that much? How do I stop the "need" to justify my views, actions and beliefs in order for people to like me? What actions can i take, or books i can read, that'll get me onto this path?
1
1