I'm thinking of starting an anon blog to kind of vent depressing/life thoughts?

Is this a good idea? has anyone found it helpful?
It would be completely anon, nobody I know will know, I just need to say whats on my mind that I can't stop thinking about. I don't have a person to go to talk talk about emotional things or deep life things, and for some reason was depressing myself late at night and opened a blogging website made an account and started typing. It felt good. Yes, a person to connect with would be better but I dont have that and I have trust issues. SO has anyone done this and is it just as relieving?

• Yes, do it
  • No, don't do it
  • Results/Other
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

67

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a great way of venting out everything you keep within your mind. It is a good way to learn about yourself. I once did that and after some time, I stopped because I learnt to basically live my life and be grateful about many things instead of cribbing about what I have lost.

What Guys Said 6

• I used to lurk a lot on the Suicide Project.
    https://suicideproject.org/

It's an okay place to vent, and some people are really nice, and can relate. But it is also dark, and if you don't watch out, you will get to feel that it is normal to think about death all the time.

I needed it, but now it bores me because most people there have no hope. But some of them are lovely, though.

Just please don't go getting any ideas.

• I'm not thinking about suicide, but good to know though!
      very cool for people with dark thought to have a place to go for possible hope (:

• Glad to hear it :) Yeah, it's generally a good place.

• Just make sure that you lure people in with an enticing title and interesting first few paragraphs. Othervise no one will read it.

• Yeah, but I don't really care if people read it, it's be nice if they did and said they could relate but it's more about me venting haha

• Nothing beats it!! In fact, while expressing your thoughts freely in this manner without any fear, sometimes provide you the answers you seek... do it...

• Sounds like a good idea

• I think that's a good therapy, try this!

• I know how u feel girl. I recently just came out about being trans. Message me if u ever wanna talk!

What Girls Said 6

• If you think it will help you and it actually *does* help you, I don't' see a problem with it.

• There's nothing like getting emo in a literary way. That kind of writing can be so profound. I can't seem to get people to understand what I'm feeling so I write a lot. Then, I feel better having turned it into a talent.

• Sometimes it can be unhealthy for you when you get negative responses. It is better to write it down on paper or a diary to get the thoughts out of your mind. Speak to close friends and family that you trust about these thoughts too, they will be the best help!

• Yeah, that's why I picked a popular site where I'm sure to go unnoticed haha, and I don't have a person :/

• Fair enough, if you do it anonymously then go for it! But sometimes can be unhealthy for you with unwanted attention

• I was thinking of doing this also. Sounds great. :)

• It is not unusual. Heaps of people have done that in the past to get their thoughts sortd out.

• I've used it to rant about my country. Do it