I accidentally slammed someone's bumper a bit but if they don't know it was me, I keep quiet?

I don't think they know it was me or else these neighbors would have been knocking on my door the following day or right that day. It's already been 3 days.

Have been out with a couple friends all day and returned home at 2:30ish am that day and this is when I noticed. Obviously I was freaking out but decided to go on as if nothing happened. Though the following day was my day off, I decided to check just in case and yes my car was parked a bit off to one side so I corrected it right away.

Anyway since they don't know it was me, is it right to remain quiet and pretend I don't know anything if they were to asked?

48

Most Helpful Guy

• Be honest and tell them.

What Guys Said 7

• No keeping quiet about it is wrong. You need to tell who ever owns the car that it happened and you need to do it before they come around asking.

• Yeah but then I'm guessing they are going to want to also find out how. Then are probably gonna get even more upset if they find out that I shouldn't have even been driving that day.

• OH MAGIK CONCH SHELL WHAT SHOULD SHE DO!!!
    photo3.ask.fm/.../nothing.jpg

• Tell the neighbour its the right thing

• Dishonesty! :D

• Nope, if ya did damage to it you should let them know, unless ya think they'd sue ya for it.

• Don't think they're gonna sue me since they don't know it was me. But ok that's the only mistake (off course my first mistake was driving that day) I've ever made that has to do with paying money if they knew.

• Fellow answerer's quit ragin at her, she goofed, she's askin for advice, piss off griping at her. This ain't the place to vent your stress people.

• Depends on laws where you are UK can and will screw you over

• Tell them about it then learn to drive...

its true what they say about women drivers...

• I did told them and for your information, I was drunk that day. I don't drive like that when I'm sober.

• well then... you sound responsible

What Girls Said 4

• That is illegal and completely wrong... why would you walk away instead of telling them. People these days appal me.

• I made a mistake and yes I shouldn't even have been drinking that day but that's minor comparing to if I would have hurt someone.

• So that is how you are justifying your idiocy? What you did was wrong even if no one was physically hurt. Do you know how much damage you caused to the car? For all you know you could have put them out of a car which could make a whole families life extremely difficult. Fess up and grow up. You're an adult act like one.

• If it was damaged badly, then yes you should tell them. This is a tough call, I feel like you should them regardless. What's your gut telling you?

• It didn't seem badly damage to be honest. But thing is I could have gotten in trouble for even driving that day. If they find out about that, I'm guessing they're gonna get more upset.

• If your asking this question, then it must be bothering you. Yea they might get upset, but it's good to tell them what happened & get your peace back

• No, it's always best to be honest, so tell them what happened. You'll like yourself more if you're honest about it.

• I told them by now. Only thing I didn't mention if me being not sober. I omitted that information.

• Come clean, it's the right thing to do. If you don't that's pretty pathetic of you.