What's it like?
Most Helpful Girl
- get up at 6 to be at the set at 8 so they can start shooting at 10
- all the styling is annoying and I found that it damages your hair a lot
- then it's just getting dressed, posing, changing clothes, topping up make-up, posing again until everybody is happy with the results, photographers can give you pretty stupid comments if you don't give them the right facial expression they want right away
- afterwards you often get invited to go for after work drinks but really all you will probably want to do is just go home and get a rest
- castings are the worst because it really makes you realise how strong the competition is and can just totally ruin your mood & self esteem for the day if you don't get the job
I think a lot of people underestimate how hard you actually have to work as a model to make enough money to survive, many don't - even most runway jobs won't give you much more than 200-300$ really.. I don't know what it's like if you're really famous in the industry tho since that should give you an enormous advantage over the competition and in terms of wages!0