Do you prefer to write with a pen or a pencil? Why?

Wanted to say a big thank you to everybody that answered the question. It seems like a lot of people don't like pencils because the sound and sharpening them. They have mechanical pemcils which is almost like a real pencil. Lol :)

176

Most Helpful Girl

• I write with a pen. If I make a mistake I just cross it out.
    Pens are easier for me because I can be a bit heavy handed when I'm writing fast which makes pencils a nuisance as they will just break. Plus pens are naturally darker than pencils so that stops me pressing down just so I can see the marks I'm making.

If I'm just doodling I will use a pen for that too, but if I'm actually making an effort with a drawing, generally I will use a pencil so I can add more detail and shading. Pens are a little sucky for shading I've worked out. Plus smudged ink looks terrible. Smudged charcoal or lead gives the look I want.

Most Helpful Guy

• pen better... but i rarely write on pape nowdays... but anyway i prefer pen since pencil's sound'd is... ughhhhhh

• Lol, yeah you make a good point. I think with a pen it's good except for mistakes. And a pencil is good to erase stuff. I think the mechanical pencil is pretty good to use then a regular pencil.

• thanks man :)

• Your very welcome. 😎

What Girls Said 16

• i love both. pen for when i wanna write fast. pencil when i want it to look raw and sick af looking. =]

• Pencil.

Because I can erase my mistakes

• Uh both, pens if I'm writing it fast. Pencils only on important stuffs because if there's mistake I could erase it. But nowadays I just use my tablet to write down stuffs. Hardly ever touch a pen anymore, except when I'm in school.

• I love both. But I like writing in pen because of coloured inks

• Pen. Especially, black pen. Cause it looks very beautiful and sharp. It's annoying to sharpen pencil every few minutes

• pencil is ugh...

• Pens and markers βœ’οΈ

• i use both to write

• I only use pencils for writing music and writing in songbooks. Otherwise, pen all the way. Ballpoint pens are preferred, since I'm left handed. Pencils and ink/gel pens will smudge all over the page and my hand.

• Pen, it's more smoooooooth.

• It depends. I usually find that I can write faster in pencil than in pen but some pens have a great grip and the ink flows easily and I can write super fast with them

• Pen.. I can't stand the noise a pencil makes.

• Pens! but these days im more into just using laptops 0_0 hahha hardly write anymore

• Pens! Pencils are for drawing and aren't nice to write with.

• Pen.

Smudge-free and no-sharpening required. I can also draw nifty doodles and diagrams with the multi-colored pen.

• Pencil because im a carpenter and usually have one on hand anyways.

What Guys Said 5

• Whatever the mood calls for just in daily life though I normally use a pen more due to the nature of my job.

• Both. Depends on what I am doing. If its tough work or drawing then use pencil, if it's important out pretty thing so I use pen.

• Pen. Pencils are louder and need to be sharpened.

• Pen, they write smoother

• Random question but pen... it's quicker... and pencils have a scrappy sound that I dislike