Like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Snapchat, Instagram, and GAG?
I mean, if I don't use them often, then what's the point of having them?
- YessssVote A
- NOPE.Vote B
- BANANAAAAAAA!Vote C
- bruuhh show me the results now!Vote D
Most Helpful Guy
Firstly I could issue a "Please don't go, I would miss you" plea but I decided to analyse it instead. My own position in social media is I am a regular user of GaG, I have a stagnant FB account that I barely use because I find it boring and I used Instagram once. I have used other forums. For the purpose of this opinion we are talking about GaG because it is the only one I currently use.
Next a couple of statement of facts, social media is essentially an interest/hobby/pastime. You control your accounts, they don't control you.
Now compare and contrast the positives and the negatives.
(1) Community/friendship - There is a huge social element on the site. Every friend you have met is a new friend just think back to your most recent new friend.
(2) Recognition - I have you at 16.2k Xper not far of a Guru and I think you would like being a Guru maybe even in a Master. You are already an Uber Mod so heavily invovled on that side.
(3) You are constantly learning things maybe you don't notice it but you are. Probably not dry facts at an emotional level - Think of how you have seen some users change, I myself am much calmer since talking on GaG.
(4) You do genuinely help people - You couldn't have had thousands of conversations without helping some people
(5) Time well spent - Anything that makes you a better person is a good thing.
Lets look at downside
(1),(2) and (4) can generate unwanted attention. I get unwanted attention mostly well intentioned but it is not my thing ( we will say agony aunt syndrome ). That being said young girls may get a different kind of well intentioned attention. Also the not so well intentioned creeping but thankfully I am not a target of that, I am sure young girls can't say the same. Then you have the haters fortunately all mine are named so I can block. Unfortunately some of yours is anon so you can't block.
The downside of (3) sometimes you learn things you don't want to quite often in the Sexual Behaviour topic and you disappoint some people when you don't want to argue.
The flip side of (5) is it can be time consuming and if any of bad 1-4 gets you down it is not good.
(I am going to run out of space before conclusion, will post a opinion comment to finish off)3
Most Helpful Girl
I've considered it, but I can't. I have like 10 or maybe even more social media accounts (yeah I know it's crazy).
I need facebook for my class group. As for snapchat, I use it to chat with my friends. I keep my tumblr and pinterest for pretty pics, instagram for checking out cool places post by many travellers across the globe. Whatsapp for fast and easy communication, kik for my gager friends. I don't know why I'm still having wechat, line, weheartit, twitter and askfm tho. Probably gonna deactivate them all soon. As for gag, I don't know, maybe I'd consider to deactivate it soon, or maybe not.2