+1 y

Can you be problack and date a different race?

I am very problack. I love everything that has to do with pan-africanism. I in my room there is nothing but the Pan-African flag. My car has a pan-african flag. My clothes are pan-african inspired. I always wear my afro with my pan-african hairband or beanie. My nails are the colors of the pan-african flag. I support the #blacklivesmatter movement. I plan on visiting Africa one day and I just enjoy my blackness. My friends and I have started a group called "Melaninists." We all just come together and we talk about our skin tones and what's going on within our community. I know you guys are tired of the whole black girl - white guy questions but this means a lot to me. My boyfriend is white. We have been together for only 3 days. He is very understanding and supports me in wanting to be a civil rights activist one day. Me and the other "Melaninists" were talking about conditioners for our hair and what was going on with our day. We started talking about all the beautiful black guys at our school, that's when I decided to tell them that I was dating my boyfriend. They told me that I couldn't do that because I was diminishing the image our Melaninist group. They told me this isn't what a true problack female, would do. They're still talking to me and they are still my friends but they don't want me to be part of this group. I told them, I could be problack and date a white guy. I just want your opinions so I can show them and prove to them that just because my boyfriend is white, doesn't mean I can't still be problack.
Can you be problack and date a different race?
Add Opinion