Why does falling in love literally make your chest hurt?

51

Most Helpful Guy

• I've experienced that. I don't know.

Maybe u try to hold something in around them, and it hurts.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not even kidding but hormones. Mostly oxytocin, the 'cuddle hormone'. A bit of adrenaline too, mostly when it comes to arousal be it sexual or more aggressive. Both are released by either the pituitary gland or adrenal gland, so when you get that pain in your chest, it's mostly a rush of those hormones being release. Either that, or withdrawal of less of them being released than previously.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• because you let your guard down and let someone know you deeply hurts...

• because that boy all up in yo feelings n that ;P 😎 *makes kissing noises* :P

• This is a really good question. I'd like to know the answer too. Maybe it's because you want something so so so badly and there's the intense fear of losing it and the strong emotions make my heart beat so hard that it hurts.

• Doesn't make my chest hurt...