How to do I fix a touch screen on my iphone?

Ok so I have an old iphone and I've had it for ages and maybe its a little worse for wear. It has a chip in the corner and some lost pixels, but now its going whacky on the bottom half of the screen. Its not cracked or anything, but it doesn't respond how it should when i touch or slide in the bottom area. Like when i type on the phone number pad ill try to tap 5 and it will either select above or below it either a 3 or 8. Its like i try to tap on it but it decides to select something else on the screen. It only happens around the bottom half of the screen tho. So does anypne know how to fix the heat sensor on the touch screen?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like an LED issue. I don't know how to fix it, i ain't a phone repair person. When I got my iphone 6 screen fixed it cost me $130 and it took them 30 minutes to finish. I think the LED was $150 and that also took 30 minutes to finish. You might want to take it into one of those iphone repair centres. It will vary from $130

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you mean the touch sensor? You would have to replace the whole screen panel. Depending on your iphone there are different guides you could use. It sounds like some of the circuitry near the 5 button was damaged. When you press on the 5 the panel is conductive so while the 5 part of the sensor isn't working depending on how close you are to the other numbers electricity from you body will flow to the path with the least resistance or in this case the closest number.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 1

• It's expensive to fix better sell it as used