i would like to know what is the best way to save money. i have 2 kids and i would like to maybe travel to a few countries for a few weeks. i would like to do this within 1-2 years from now, so i would like any ideas to save as much money and being able to still pay my bills and keep up with everyday thing.
my monthly earning is approx. $3,000
Most Helpful Guy
I'll answer as though you're in the US, though this advice could apply elsewhere.
- Don't have cable. Watch TV over the air.
- Have an inexpensive internet package.
- Have a cheap phone package. Good smartphones are available in the $10 range.
- Buy groceries in the reduced-price section. Quality is often very high because the items were more expensive to start with.
- Buy from thrift, closeout, discount and dollar stores. Buy secondhand whenever possible.
- Never buy anything online without looking carefully for coupon codes.
- Think carefully about your insurance coverage. Do not pay for more coverage than you need. Never buy an extended warranty. Renter's insurance tends to be a ripoff.
- Never pay more than the lowest amount you can pay for the things you want and need.
I do all these things, and I'm going anonymous because, as a consequence, I have absolutely no financial need, and no debt of any kind. Back when I was making $800 per month as a university lecturer, I was still able to save, because I lived cheap. I have a child now and things are scarcely different. At the same time, no one could or would claim that my family's quality of life is anything but exceptionally high. Spend thoughtfully and you'll always be wealthy. Good luck.0
- Show AllShow Less