What language sounds really unusual to you when spoken, in your opinion?

To me it's German. Here is a video.

Maybe I should have said "different" instead of unusual, since I don't hear people speak German a lot.

411

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• I never get this feeling of a language being unusual. I love to hear what each language sounds like and try to speak it, even the ones that sound really difficult. If I could I'd learn them all, every single language of the world.

• I love hearing other languages, but the one that sounds strangest to me is Mandarin. There are a lot of Chinese students on my campus and it always sounds weird to me. The other east Asian languages like Japanese and Korean don't though

• ebonics

...

• I'm going with three languages Hawaiian, Chinese and Spanish.

• Arabic sounds very strange.

• There are a lot I would say. I agree I don't hear German a lot so when I hear it does sound Odd

• Most Asian languages, especially Korean and Japanese

• French to me sounds like they're just mumbling. (And I say this as a trilingual person)

• what ever Muslums speak sounds like gibberish to me

• Arabic it sounds so different then any language i know

What Girls Said 3

• Portuguese sounds so different. It's NOTHING like Spanish or any other I have heard. But it's so damn fucken hard! Like my brain has issues comprehending how to make most of the sounds. Which a funny thing though that I have improved some what. Though that was after I learned some Japanese. So it was like after learning how to say somethings in Japanese it helped me be able to pronounce things in Portuguese.

Just listen to the songs I have examples of it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWIhGM4SDZ0https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Y1bkiAi-Q&index=1&list=PL4qwqslyixw79ccR-XhmLN7uDnYZdFglT

• For me it's any African language. They don't sound anything like I'm used to hear.

• Mostly Spanish, I've been trying to learn Spanish for the longest 😫