Can I use the alternate spelling of my name professionally too?

Or do I have to stick with the spelling of my name that is in my I. D. and other documents...


Most Helpful Girl

  • I think so, but for any legal documents you would have to use your legal name. There are usually spaces on forms for aliases or nicknames.

    • Can I use it in my CV and as my name at my place of work?

    • I think so? But not on anything going to the government.

Most Helpful Guy

  • I think it depends on where you live. I think there are some countries where you can't really change your name. But in most places you can pretty much use any name you want. However on official documents, like tax documents, you'd need to use your real name.

    • But can I use it in work related documents, in my CV and at my place of work?

    • I don't see any reason why you can't. Just use your real name on any legal documents.

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 1

  • for documents you have to use whatever is on your birth certificate, otherwise in the future the documents may be checked over and even if they are 100% yours, by law they do not belong to you.

    • But can I use it in my CV and at my place of work?