Is using the oven at 450 degrees for 1 hour safe?

I want to try this recipe

https://www.laurainthekitchen.com/recipes/roasted-chicken-and-potatoes/

It says to bake the chicken at 450 degrees for 1 hour.
I never baked anything before. Is it safe?

511

Most Helpful Guy

• 450 deg F (looks to be a US site) is about 230 deg C, perfectly safe.

BTW: as far as I know ovens can't be set to a temperature higher than they can safely try and heat to (and if your oven has a self cleaning function it can heat to way hotter ie. 500 C / 900 F)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it is safe if you have the chicken in a safe glass container. That says the glass is for oven use. The alternative is to wrap the chicken and aluminum foil. You should know that I do not know how to cook I'm answering your question is a physicist