+1 y

Why Do Women Put So Much Emphasis On A Guy "Having His Own Place"?

POLL QUESTION:
Ladies... if a man was 25, finished college, had a career, a car, perfect credit score, was financially secure... but no place (yet)... would you date him?

Okay, go ahead. Laugh at me. Call me lazy. Call me selfish. Call me a loser. I've heard it all.

I'm currently 25 years old and I finished college in the summer of 2014 with $30,000 worth of student debt. After all my friends finished college, they all got jobs, started working moved out and a majority of them are living with 2-3 roommates or living alone, paycheck by paycheck.

After college, I moved back home and it took me 7 months to find a job. I started working, started paying down my student loan debt... and now I have enough money to pay it off in full. I am debt free now. My parents told me they like having me around and they said I could stay as long as I like. I am moving out at the end of the year... but I am currently saving up for a new car before I move out.

On the dating scene, I always hear women say that if a man doesn't have his own place, they won't date him. HOWEVER... women will happily date a guy who is in a gang, has a low level job, has virtually no income, no car, etc, etc, etc... but if a guy doesn't have his own place, he is worthless.

I understand the perks of having your own place... but any idiot can move out and get their own place. All the people I have met who moved out immediately after college or way too young, are living with a lot of roommates or paycheck to paycheck.

A smart man would wait until he is ready, make sure he is financially set and then get his own place to ensure he doesn't have to live paycheck to paycheck or with 10 other people.

Yes
No
See Results
Vote C
GirlGuy
+1 y
Even my older brother, he is 40 years old. HE JUST MOVED BACK IN... because of bad financial planning when he was my age. Now he is saving up again.
12
9