I'm a questioning Christian and I don't really understand some stuff. If anyone could help that would be nice.
Is God good or evil?
If God is good why does he let evil things happen on earth?
Does this mean god is not powerful enough to stop evil?
If god is all powerful but he doesn't stop evil, does that mean god is evil?
If god is all knowing why is life a "test"? He wouldn't need to test anybody if he already knew everything right?
If god is all knowing than is there such a thing as freewill? Surely if god knows everything that means that all of our actions are predetermined.
If god is good and more powerful than evil why does he not destroy Lucifer?
Is he not powerful enough to destroy him?
Or is he working with him and they are both evil or both good?
Most Helpful Guy
Try and see it without such boundaries
- God is nor evil or good, you can define a ultimate power in such a way
- God would not interfer with his creations, they are created to live as they please. Be it good or bad.. that choice is up to them
- God can stop evil but again there is no interference. And more so we will not understand the purpose of what may seem like bad. In fact it could have a ultimate reasoning
- evil and good are two sides of a coin. One cannot life without the other. Much like how would you define cold without hot
- god is all powerful however he created some of his most precious creations, given free will and choice - the outcome is uncertain when given a system that can produce from itself. Life may be a test and it may not. I dont know
- not predetermined but could be, we have a superpower, adaptability. Which allows us to change given our surroundings
Good and evil is a simple balance you have to understand. Without evil how do you define that god is good?
--> think without boundaries0
Most Helpful Girl
I hope this is all theoretical since it's all made up anyway. We can talk about how evil God is in the same way we can talk about how evil Darth Vader is. Please be sure to read the Bible all the way through if you can stop shaking your head and/or throwing up after the first few chapters.0