G@gers, What's YOUR definition of "love"?

Everyone has different meanings to this tiny little word... so what does it mean to you?

(Here is what i think)... safety is what makes me feel loved..

Strike up your opinions too...

3|0

What Girls Said 32

• Shrek is love
    Shrek is life

1|0
    0|0
  • Romantic love to me is when I can't stop thinking about the person.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 37

• when I think of love the first word that comes to my mind is stability

0|0
    0|0
  • Love is not a feeling. It is hormones released by the body.

0|0
    0|0
    • E
      Hormones are what makes the nerve cells alert... and this alertness on sent to the brain... and nerve cells are used to feel things too...

Bottom line: ITS A FEELING

• The same as the dictionary's.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love is BS. A person could love you more so and treat you better than another but is not as physically attractive as another and most people would pick the pretty/handsome person who may not give as much a shit about them in the end.

Same thing with social status/money. There are people who help others when they were down on their luck and truly cared for them but you discard them because you think you are in a higher position in the world.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's life not LOVE... everyone deals with it

• The point here is if "LOVE" was real we would prioritize those that give a shit about us first but we don't we pick superficial traits like looks, money, status, social network then among these collective find the person that best like us.

• love died out in the 80's. Today its all about fuck buddies, friends with benefits, short term hookups. there is no love

1|0
    0|0
  • Caring at least as much about the welfare and happiness of another as you do your own.

That's why when women use 'love' to mean 'do what i want' it always annoys me. If you really love the guy you would want him to do whatever makes him happy, even if it isn't what makes you happy.

1|1
    0|0
    • The thing you said is totally true but... todays dating world has lots of double standerds... and "i love you" phrase seems like a one day ticket to the amusement park...

I think maleficient (movie) defines it quiet well too

• exactly this :
    love
    ləv/Submit
    noun
    an intense feeling of deep affection.
    synonyms: deep affection, fondness, tenderness, warmth, intimacy, attachment, endearment; devotion, adoration, doting, idolization, worship; passion, ardor, desire, lust, yearning, infatuation, besottedness
    compassion, care, caring, regard, solicitude, concern, friendliness, friendship, kindness, charity, goodwill, sympathy, kindliness, altruism, unselfishness, philanthropy, benevolence, fellow feeling, humanity
    relationship, love affair, romance, liaison, affair of the heart, amour
    a person or thing that one loves.
    synonyms: beloved, loved one, love of one's life, dear, dearest, dear one, darling, sweetheart, sweet, angel, honey; lover, inamorato, inamorata, amour, paramour
    verb
    feel a deep romantic or sexual attachment to (someone).
    synonyms: care very much for, feel deep affection for, hold very dear, adore, think the world of, be devoted to, dote on, idolize, worship; be in love with, be infatuated with, be smitten with, be besotted with; informal-be mad/crazy/nuts/wild about, have a crush on, carry a torch for

1|1
    0|0
    • Its not your definition... its cause you dont care at all about answering this question! So whyvdid you waste your time googling?

• Show All
    • but sex and love aren't equal because some people have sex and fall in love. So they aren't equal because people just want the sexual desire instead of the love

• then fall in love**