How many chances do you give your narcissistic mother?

my mother actually has what is called malignant narcissism. it is the very worst kind. in general, the person is very abusive, and would use even their own children as resources at the cost of their own safety. for example: my mom tried to use me and my sister, i was 12 and she was 15, to attract the attention of men so she could take them home. every time i have tried to see if she could grow out of it, or if she could change, it always turns out bad. so how many chances do you give them really, even if they are your parent?

What Guys Said 3

• None. Id be out of there. What about your dad. Is he still with her? If not you can go to him. Or maybe an uncle or aunt.

• I am so sick of my mom's shit! I respect her... send b-day & mother's day cards, flowers, etc. However, I don't tolerate manipulative and/or narcissistic behavior. No way!!!

• One day I just had to walk out.
    I came back but as few times as possible.

• yeah.. i've come back many times, but she never changes. i just can't do it anymore, but i still find myself wishing i had a mother.. i just have to accept it.

• oh he did, but maybe he's in a better place now. at least, i hope he is.

• Same I keep going back (because she sucks me back in) and I think always maybe this time will be different, but it never is. She is manipulative, demeaning and always playing the victim. She cannot see how abusive she is. Now that I have my own daughter, I could never imagine treating her as I have been treated

What Girls Said 0