How do you fight a much taller person?

Im 5'6 and he is 6'7 and I've never fought before. I do workout every week since last year and have been making gainz though.

621

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Try to avoid grappling positions at all costs. Kind of dance and swing around the guy and try to wear him out. Use straight punches and jabs, keep him in the center of your vision instead of throwing wild hay-makers.

If you get too close and inevitably have to get close and personal, you can potentially grab his legs and pick them up or push forward, knocking him to the floor.

I'm far from an expert or experienced fighter and some people trained in martial arts might be able to give better advice. I just bumped into some nasty people in my youth. This seemed to work for me.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • thanks man!

• It's easy in the midst of a fight to have all the adrenaline pumping and lose focus and control, again going back to throwing wild hay-makers. You have to kind of stop and control yourself, stay controlled. Same case if you get into the worst-case scenario: if he gets you into submission and has a choke-hold or is on top of your back. You have to avoid trying to resist wildly, stop and think.

• thanks man, I'll try to keep my composure cause i can't and won't lose this fight