I'm making my menu for our 4 day camping trip next weekend and looking for creative ideas. I want to be able to eat a good variety of food but without lots of leftovers and without spending a tonne of dough.
I'm thinking stuff I can make ahead and wrap in foil to throw on the fire or cook stove would be best. If I can freeze it, even better!
So far I'm thinking:
- a pasta dish I can put together before and freeze in a aluminum pie dish and covered with tin foil
- a buttery garlicky potato and veggie packet and steak
- burritos (made ahead and frozen, wrapped in foil)
- breakfast burritos (same)
- a pizza log (foil wrapped and frozen)
- pre mixed pancake batter (frozen flat in a zip loc bag)
- bacon and eggs (cooked there in skillet on stove)
Most Helpful Guy
I tried this during my last hike...
Take A large sized potato
A full egg.
1. Slice the top of the potato , Remove the pulp from inside for other use, Make a deep sized hole inside the potato which can hold an egg inside it.
2. Cover the potato with the sliced potato and cover it with twigs or small firewood for 15-20 minutes.
You will be surprised by the outcome.
Most Helpful Girl
I just usually do stuff like potatoes, burgers, sausages, hot dogs, quick boil pasta with whatever sauce, veggies.1